CNET Editors' review
FastStone Photo Resizer 3.2 makes quick work of batches of digital snapshots. It not only resizes and renames images quickly and with minimal fuss, but it also crops, rotates, adjusts, and edits your pictures, too, and even applies text and watermarks. It has everything you need to take those huge folders of megabyte snapshots with cryptic names and, in one step, convert them all to JPEGS (or whatever), resize them to manageable dimensions, and rename them all, even sequentially (such as: RoadTripAug2012_1). It's better than Plan B, which is to just forget about them and then spend hours finding, sorting, and converting them to post and share. We have a lot of experience with Plan B, so it was nice to see how easy Plan A was with help from this basic but effective tool. Something else we like about FastStone Photo Resizer 3.2: it's freeware.
We like FastStone Photo Resizer's businesslike user interface, too. It has a familiar layout: Select photos, individually or in batches, on the left-hand tree view, and click "Add" to add them to Photo Resizer's right-hand Input List. A small, optional preview pane is nice but not really enough to distinguish between two very similar images, although that's not uncommon in tools of this sort. Then choose a destination, output format, and other options and press Convert. Advanced Options let us rename files from the Batch Convert tab, though not with as many options as the Batch Rename tab. It's sufficient for quick jobs, as we found out when we resized and renamed a batch of wallpaper. The Batch Rename tab's templates let us rename our files with complex sequences. While the standard interface offers options such as lower and upper case and Ask before overwrite, clicking Advanced Options opened a dialog with ten tabs of extra settings as well as text and watermarking tools.
FastStone Photo Resizer 3.2 does so much so well that we think it belongs at the top of any list of photo editors for Windows -- not just the free ones.
From FastStone Soft:
FastStone Photo Resizer is an image converter / resizer intended to enable users to convert, rename, resize, crop, rotate, change color depth, add text and watermarks to images in a quick and easy batch mode. Drag and Drop mouse operation is well supported.
What's new in this version: Version 3.2 includes support for Touch interface, improved compatibility with Windows 8, and other minor improvements and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Process and convert images between various formats.
- Convert a single PNG file or several files from the command lin...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Convert a single TGA file or several files from the command lin...
- View, edit, and manipulate your images.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit images and convert them from one format to another in batc...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create albums with your digital pictures on CDs.
- Convert, resize, and edit your pictures.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Optimize your images before posting them to your Web site.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Merge images to PDF and convert from JPEG, JPG, BMP, GIF, forma...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Convert TIFF files to PDF document.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 238 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"it's working perfectly, user friendly interface"
Version: FastStone Photo Resizer 3.2
working well. user friendly interface, quick and simple.
worked well, no cons.
"It works I hade no problems with install ."
Version: FastStone Photo Resizer 3.2
It works great.
I can't detect any cons.
If your looking for a free photo app. I recommend it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: