From NCH Software:
FastFox Text Expander is an easy to use typing expansion utility. This product can create and store keyboard shortcuts that, when pressed, will expand to lines of text. FastFox allows the user to define keywords that become the shortcuts. When FastFox sees that a keyword has been typed by the user that keyword will then be replaced by the expanded text. This shorthand software is ideal for people who are continually typing the same thing over and over. FastFox dramatically reduces the time spent typing.
Features: Store frequently used text; Avoid typing things over and over; Improves typing speed and productivity; Expand keyboard shortcuts into words or phrases; Create unlimited number of text shortcuts; No limit on expanded text length; Save plain text or formatted rich text expansions; Create a shortcut to insert images. Typical Applications: Common responses to e-mail/customer inquiries; Store long or difficult medical and legal phrases; Reduce transcription time by an average of 30%; E-mail signatures; Abbreviations.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Convert your files between various formats.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Add the copyright sign, text, watermarks, and dates to photos o...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Convert PDF files into JPEG, BMP, and TIFF formats easily.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert any printable document into PDF format.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Check, store, and maintain "Do Not Call" contact lists.
- Create CD covers with images, track information, text, times, a...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, customize, and transform your text into BMP images.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Merge images to PDF and convert from JPEG, JPG, BMP, GIF, forma...
- Recover your entire erased files in accurate format.
- Improve your typing skill with exercises and a game.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create keyboard shortcuts or hot keys.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"simple and convenient"
Version: FastFox 2.03
Simple to use. Easy to download.
If you accidentally hit a key you may inadvertently bring up an expansion.
"Reduces your keystrokes with a simple program"
Version: FastFox 2.03
Simple to use. Easy to download - download a trial version and purchase when it expires. Low cost. I estimate it reduces my keystrokes by 30% and I aim to further reduce by adding more and more expansions.
Don't re-issue product key. When I tried to install on a different computer it said the version was old. If your computer is slow expansion comes up slower and slows you down. if you accidentally hit a key you inadvertently bring up an expansion.
Excellent product that I highly recommend. Benefits by far outweigh the cons I list above.
I researched the internet to find a product that would speed up my transcription of research interviews, which is a very time consuming process. This is the best product I have found. If you want to reduce your keystrokes this is it. I tried another program which involved memorizing codes for a long list of words. The problem was if you couldn't remember them all it didn't work so it was a waste of $70. With Fastfox you add your own codes which make sense to you and you add as many as you want. I also tried Dragon Naturally Speaking. It's a good product but even a small error rate results in extra work and in the end it didn't really help me to speed things up.
I make codes for email beginnings and endings, my address, cell phone number, email address, commonly used words in my research as well as commonly used words that I use over and over. Anything that you type many times you can just make a code for.
I've recommended this product to many people although I don't think any of them bought it because they didn't realize how revolutionary it is for reducing your typing.
Though I bought this for transcription I use it for all my typing - it works anywhere on your computer, including on email. I hope this product stays on the market, as I have really come to rely on it. If I have to use someone else's computer, it's a drag having to go back to the old way of typing out everything in full and makes me see what a great tool this is.
"Acts like a virus"
Version: FastFox 1.12
There are no pros that I can find.
Every 20 startups or so this product continues to ask if I want to buy it, then proceeds to log me onto its web site. I have deleted the program, but there is something hidden that I cannot find to remove.
Do NOT download this product. Unless you know your stuff, you may be stuck with it for longer than you want!
"Very small, fast and convenient"
Version: FastFox 1
This is ag great tool. Just watch using common 1 or 2 letter shortcut keys or you'll be doing Emailed 1 week promotion for 820 MB and 1.4 GHz Celeron processor and eTurbo glass for promotion price
lot of back spacing. If configured properly you'll have no problems.
If you use shortcuts that are commonly used in regular writing you'll be doing Emailed 1 week promotion for 820 MB and 1.4 GHz Celeron processor and eTurbo glass for promotion price
lot of back spacing. Such as single vowels, etc.