CNET Editors' review
Expenses Manager is a free personal finance manager that uses wizards, icons, graphs, and an intuitive, flow-oriented interface to make it quick and easy to enter the level of detail and specificity you need to get an accurate picture of your finances. It can generate accurate reports as well as analyze your expenses and income for specified time periods to identify potential savings.
During the installation, we were prompted to create and name a database. Expenses Manager's striking interface is based around a flow chart-like tree view summarizing our Database, Operations, Expenses, and Incomes. Although the interface is unique, its left-hand navigation panel is familiar in feel and function. The program opened with sample entries that do an excellent job of explaining how things work, which is just as well since there doesn't seem to be a Help file, although the program's Web page offers screenshots. Expenses Manager proved easy enough to understand by clicking on clearly labeled entries. For instance, under Products, we could expand categories labeled Groceries, Clothes, Transport, Cleaning Supplies, and others, many with detailed subcategories such as Dairy Products and Phone bills. Instead of conventional buttons and icons, Expenses Manager uses Web-like links to open a series of pop-ups specific to each function. Configuration options basically amounted to language, currency, and mobile synchronization settings. We followed the program through its sample settings and then clicked Reports. Expenses Manager generated several useful, color-coded financial reports identifying and categorizing expenses over various time periods.
We were also able to open multiple instances of Expenses Manager at once. When it came time to enter our own data, we simply deleted the example user and clicked Add New User, created our database file, and entered our data in each of the Operations categories as we'd observed, which took a while though nowhere near as long as a more traditional app would have required of our challenged accountancy skills. Although Expenses Manager does things unconventionally, it adds up to a useful, free personal financial tool.
The Expenses Manager makes it easy to analyze home expenses and find savings in home budget. The program has ability to create your own set of product categories arranged in a tree structure and perform detailed analysis of a specified branch of products from a specified time range. All findings are presented in a very clear visual fashion inside either a pie or a bar chart. In addition to this you can generate detailed report of expenses from a specified period of time. By using the Expenses Manager you can be certain your home budget will never slip out of your control.
What's new in this version:
- Recurrent transactions and simply reminder
More Products to Consider
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Manage your personal or business related expenses.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Manage various types of money issues.
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Keep track of your personal finances.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Gain control of your finances and track your financial activity...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Track your income, expenses, and savings.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow including sale...
- Organize information about your wine collection.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Keep track of important events.
- Manage and organize your business plans and personal informatio...
- Track and manage your personal financial records.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Organize and manage your personal finances.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content