From Andreas Amann:
Eudora Mailbox Cleaner is a simple drag'n'drop application which helps you migrating your mail and related data between different client programs. Contrary to most other solutions, it preserves message status flags (read, replied) and re-attaches attachments Eudora stripped from incoming messages. It supports migrating data from Eudora (both, Mac and Windows versions) and Thunderbird to Apple Mail or Thunderbird.
What's new in this version:
- Improved handling of attachments with long names - if the original file cannot be found (file's inode on disk has changed) the application now tries to find the attachment based on the partial filename available. If only one possible match is found it will be used, in case of multiple possible matches none of them will be attached in order not to re-attach the wrong file (either case will be logged in the conversion log file).
- Improve parsing of full names within mailing lists t... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View Outlook .msg email and contact files on Mac.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Make and receive phone calls and hold cross-platform webcam cha...
- Send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on...
- Hear, see, and chat with many people at a time.
- Exchange online messages that appear as soon as they're sent.
- Use your webcam with multiple apps & add cool graphics & effect...
- Email client based on Thunderbird.
- Export to Facebook directly from iPhoto.
- Instant messaging tool.
- Localized version.
- Connect with all your friends instantly.
- Archive and protect your email.
- Instant messaging app.
- Auto record Skype phone and video calls.
- Take control of email attachments in Apple Mail.
- Convert Outlook pst files to mbox.
- VoIP softphone for SIP networks, pbx like features.
- Use any internet app via firewalled/proxied network.
- Local/remote backup & synchro component for 4D.
- Extract e-mail addresses from Apple Mail, Outlook for Mac, and ...
- Eudora conduit for Palm Desktop 4.
- FileMaker plugin for accessing the command line.
- Convert Outlook 2011 OLMs for import into Apple Mail, Thunderbi...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 32 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Just plain didn't work."
Version: Eudora Mailbox Cleaner 4.9
Doesn't appear to have harmed my computer or my Eudora mailboxes at all. That's really the only Pro here.
Running OS 10.5.8, and trying to export my Eudora 6.2.3 mailboxes to Apple Mail so I can upgrade the OS. I ran Eudora Mailbox Cleaner -- it spent all day, roughly from 10 AM to 5:30 PM, converting my mailboxes. Finally finished, and I opened in Mail, rebuilt the imported mailboxes as instructed, and it's a disaster. In my "In" mailbox, tons of duplicate messages, and far from everything that was in there shows up. And when I try yo actually preview or open any message, I get... nothing. Just a blank message window. So, I just wasted almost eight hours for zero results.
With this software, you get exactly what you pay: nothing. Look elsewhere.