Edraw Office Viewer Component contains a standard ActiveX control that acts as an ActiveX document container for hosting Office documents (including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio documents) in a custom form or Web page. The control is lightweight and flexible, and gives developers new possibilities for using Office in a custom solution.
Office Viewer Component is designed to handle specific issues that make using ActiveX documents from a non-top-level host window difficult, and serves as a starting place for constructing your own embedded object file viewer or editor as an ActiveX control. It is a great solution for companies wishing to display read-only Word document data and Excel sheet to their employees while restricting modifications to the underlying data. You can play the PowerPoint file in the same window. You can also display password protected Word documents without supplying passwords to your users - keep your confidential data safe and secure. With the Office OCX it is easy to upload or download file between server and client via HTTP/FTP. You can open all the file formats supported by Microsoft Word such as doc, docx, dot, rtf, txt, mht, xml, wps, wri, wpd, wps, wpi, olk, pab. You can also open the following files of Microsoft Excel sheets such as xls, xlsx, xlt, xlw, csv.
What's new in this version:
- Now the component will bring the password window on the top while loading a file
- Added the Macro Reminder when the MS Office try to run the file with macro.
- Added the File Upload and Download Reminder Message.
- Fixed the Focus issue of the Print Property Dialog.
- Added the SetValue("DeActivate", "TRUE") method to mamke the component lost its focus.