From Nuance Communications:
Dragon Home speech recognition software for Windows PCs is the ideal choice for anyone looking to use their voice to create documents, write papers, send email, and search the Web. With Dragon Home, turn talk into text in a fraction of the time it takes to type - students can focus on their thoughts, not typing; grandparents can record their family histories; and anyone can unleash their creativity with easy dictation. Dragon Home is the perfect solution for students, families and others looking for accurate dictation and to control their home computer by voice.
What's new in this version:
- Improved Accuracy: Dragon 12 delivers up to a 20% improvement in out-of-box accuracy compared to Dragon 11. This means that Dragon gets you, and you get things done, faster than ever. And when you do need to make a correction, Dragon learns, making it more accurate the more that you use it.
- Faster Processors Yield Faster Performance: If you use Dragon on a computer with multi-core processors and more than 4 GB of RAM, Dragon 12 automatically selects the BestMatch V speech model... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Control your PC using speech recognition.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Combine the functionality of a dictaphone with voice-recognitio...
- Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition applicatio...
- HIDClass driver.
- Edit documents using the pen on a Tablet or Ultra-Mobile PC.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Backup your hard disk's important information inside secure ser...
- USB driver.
- Dictate the needed information and type it automatically.
- Command applications with voice, dictate e-mails and documents,...
- Print and transform your printable documents into image files.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 36 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Wanted to DL version 12 Xmas special - Couldn't do it"
Version: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12
Don't know. I have ver. 11.5 from a couple years ago.
Paid the $25. Tried to go thru DL process. Nothing happened. Tried 3 times. I'm not a geek, but not a newbie,either.
Off shore CS dis promise a refund.
Gave it one star because if you can't even DL the product, maybe the underlying product is lacking. In the past have downloaded many other complete programs.
"Unstable and freezing other processes."
Version: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home 12
None. When it crashes your machine there are no redeeming qaulities.
New feature tries to open "dialog box" on top of the Outlook email. First you dictate into the box, then transfer the text to the email. 1/3 chance of getting it right. a) it sometimes works b) it some times loses some of the text c) it hangs and you have to reboot your machine.
If this can't run on an 8 core 8GB ram, then it doesn't stand a chance of working as is. There are no updates or patches available at this time.
Tech support is off-shore and doesn't comprehend the decision tree they are reading from. They are so slow it took over 36 minutes to get through rebooting (do we really need to close all programs, open task manager and kill processes, and log off as a user, before shutting down the machine?) the machine and on to the real problem where their lack of understanding really came to light.
Pass on this version. It is clearly NOT a finished product. Wait until enough copies have been sold for them to be able to afford to finish the programming. Then after the next version has been out for about a year, and there are no significant complaints, wait another 6 months before buying.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: