CNET Editors' review
DesktopOK is a basic, compact program that lets you save and restore the positions of your desktop icons. It's nothing fancy, but if you frequently end up with a desktop full of scrambled icons, this program could make your life just a little bit easier.
The program's interface is basic, and although it's fairly easy to figure out by virtue of its lack of features, some tool tips for the buttons would have been nice, especially the "Punch the Icons" button, which rearranges all of the icons on the desktop, as we learned the hard way. Fortunately, we'd already used DesktopOK to save our icon layout and were able to restore it easily, but we'd have been pretty irritated if we'd clicked the Punch the Icons button first. Using DesktopOK is fairly straightforward: simply click the Save button to save the current arrangement of icons and Restore to fix them after they've become disorganized. You can save multiple icon arrangements and name them for reference. The program comes with a brief HTML Help file that opens in Internet Explorer, which is mildly annoying. Overall, DesktopOK certainly isn't sophisticated, but it is an easy-to-use tool for tidying up your desktop icons after they've gotten out of place. We like that it's small and portable, making it easy to keep handy on a thumb drive.
DesktopOK is free. It comes as a zip file and is accessible after extraction with no need to install. We recommend this program to all users.
From Nenad Hrg:
DesktopOK is a solution for users that have to change the screen resolution. It allows you to save your icon locations for each screen resolution. Each user can then have, his own arrangement. Minimize to tray area for easy access. Launch at Windows startup. DesktopOK does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from the desktop, and can be carried on a small USB-stick or other memory device.
More Products to Consider
- Run Windows 8 Modern applications in resizable windows on your ...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Convert your desktop objects into 3D picture and make them move...
- Restore and save positions of your desktop icons for Windows.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Capture screenshots and manage your desktop and shortcuts.
- Turn your desktop icons into 3D figures and add movement.
- Change your screen into a night club spotlight.
- Snap your windows for side-by-side viewing, from left to right,...
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Create and edit icon files with easy-to-use TrueColor icon edit...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Bring more attraction and productivity to your desktop.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Capture the screen to make a simple video presentation and reco...
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Modify your desktop wallpaper for multi-monitor systems.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Display pictures of Crystal Art on your desktop.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 32 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Unzipping causes garbage applications to be installed"
Version: DesktopOK 3.56
Use to like this product
Junk installs that you do not need with current version
This is the first time the upgrade installed junk programs on my computer. It took a while to uninstall the garbage that was installed with this program. People should be advised of the 'stuff' that will be installed if you want DesktopOK 3.56
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content