DesktopLyrics is an application that displays the lyrics of the song currently playing in "iTunes" right on your Mac desktop. DesktopLyrics features numerous options to customize lyrics display to your liking. DesktopLyrics does not only display the lyrics but can also display the information about the current song (e.g. title) in a customizable manner. Additionally, you can opt to display the artwork of the song too. DesktopLyrics allows you to define the font, size, color and shadows for the lyrics and for the song-information separately, so that the lyrics exactly match your taste and desktop picture. Long lyrics that can't be displayed at once are automatically cut into multiple "pages". You can turn the pages with small buttons embedded into the lyrics display, turn them with hot-key combinations or just have them turned automatically. There is an advanced option for defining the time-code of the page turning. DesktopLyrics features options to share the current lyrics with your friends by e-mail or by posting them to FaceBook or Twitter. You can also copy them to the clipboard or printing the lyrics. In addition to the exhaustive settings to customize the lyrics appearance, DesktopLyrics also features a host of options to change its behavior to be as practical as possible. You can display DesktopLyrics in the menubar instead of the Dock, use hot-key combinations to operate it, or change the behavior in case iTunes is paused or the lyrics are empty.
What's new in this version:
- Add option to control whether to display lyrics on all spaces or just on a single one
- Add "Presentation Mode" to show lyrics while hiding the Desktop
- Usability improvement for hiding the text related to empty lyrics
- Added ability to display the song composer and genre in the song info
- Added smooth animation between album covers
- Added support for line breaks in song info
- Performance improvements
- Warn when the Tryout version is... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Transfer files on iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Copy Music from iPod, iPhone or iPad to iTunes. Transfer iPhone...
- Retrieve lost contacts, photos, SMS from iOS devices with ease.
- Copy iPod to Mac and in iTunes. Rebuild iTunes library from iPo...
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Transfer songs, movies, photos, eBooks, PDF, ringtones, playlis...
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Extract information from iPhone and iPad backups.
- Change your iOS device's carrier logo without jailbreaking.
- Transfer iPod to Mac with iPod Transfer for Mac Software.
- Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 6.0-6.1.
- Copy music and playlists from an iPod, iPhone or iPad to iTunes...
- Transfer iPad to Mac with iPad to Mac Transfer.
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Exclusive and professional Mac-based tool to help rescue all yo...
- Preview and recover lost iPhone data from iTunes backup Files o...
- Transfer music, video and photo between iPod/iPhone and Mac, ex...
- Retrieve your deleted or lost iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS data through Ma...
- Widget finds lyrics in the background as the song plays.
- Recover iPhone bookmarks, Calendar, Contacts, SMS & MMS, Photos...
- Sync lyrics/text to audio, export/display in iTunes/iPod.
- Sherlock channel.
- Recover the data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Use this widget to search for lyrics for your iTunes songs.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Excellent, customizable, handsome, a joy to use & cheap"
Version: DesktopLyrics 2.0.1
Customizable, easy to use, effective, thoughtfully and well designed, good looking, practical, and overall a pleasure to use. I particularly love the feature that allows you to display the lyrics on whichever screen you have in a multi-screen setup.
An extremely minor issue is that when in Safari and I initially enter lyrics for a song, I then have to give the song a rating before the lyrics are displayed.
DesktopLyrics is a pure pleasure and joy to use! If you enjoy lyrics and you find that having them displayed on a screen enhances your music experience, then this latest version of DesktopLyrics is well worth the modest $3.99 price. The newly added easily customizable features are simple, effective and in combination make for a delightful and handsome presentation. I don't understand those who quibble over a developer charging a very modest price for the effort he or she made to in order to create a very useful, practical and well designed piece of software. About a year ago I complained about what I felt was a problem in the earlier much simpler version of DesktopLyrics, By so doing likely inflicting what was probably disproportionate grief on the part of the developer. But as a result of my comment the developer promptly corrected the problem. This is an example of the responsive and attentive service provided by this developer. But the bottom line is that this is an excellent piece of software that works works well, looks great, is conveniently and easily customizable, overall a pleasure to use, and worth every penny of the $3.99 that is charged for it.
"It Doesn't work with Mountain Lion."
Version: DesktopLyrics 2.0.0
I liked it before when it was free.
So I upgrade and pay for it but it doesn't work with Mountain Lion, even though it says it does here.
I gave it 3 until it actually works again with 10.8.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content