CNET Editors' review
Plagiarism is a big problem in the online world, not to mention a very old one in academia, government, and industry. Some modern tools have made it easier for teachers, administrators, and employers to check for plagiarism in text submitted by writers, test takers, job seekers, and others who might seek to gain an advantage from others' labors or property (it's known as "stealing").
Plagiarisma's Desktop Plagiarism Checker is a handy interface for a Web-based plagiarism search tool that supports more than 190 languages and many document types. The software and service are free, but you must create an online account to use them. You can sign in via Facebook and other social media, too. Registering gave us access to more features, such as spell checkers and a task scheduler.
Desktop Plagiarism Checker has a very simple interface, with a blank field for pasting or typing in text and the option to search Google, Bing, or Yahoo, on one tab, and Google Scholar or Google Books on another tab. We could also specify an exact search, though the program uses fuzzy logic for finding near misses (which sometimes turn out to be hits).
There's a check box to search the TOR network. Selecting this produces a pop-up warning for the user to show that TOR is only for checking single sentences and only when other searches have failed, and that abusing the TOR network will get your IP banned. But we didn't need to use TOR since we planned to search for material we knew we'd find. And find it we did.
We simply pasted some raw text, chose our search engine, deselected the exact search feature to catch edits and typos, and clicked Check Duplicates. After some thinking, Desktop Plagiarism Checker returned three matches, exactly where we'd expected to find them. Satisfied, we turned the tool loose on some other documents with similar results.
Tools like Desktop Plagiarism Checker and Plagiarisma's Web site make detection of online plagiarism easier.
Free online plagiarism checker. Duplicate content check. Plagarism detector. Plagerism software. Turnitin free alternative. Check for plagiarism in articles, patents, books, essays, term papers, legal opinions and journals. Check your txt, html, rtf, doc, odt, docx, pdf files.
More Products to Consider
- Scan your documents and detect the web sources from where text ...
- Identify software and text plagiarism.
- Search documents for copy-and-pasted phrases from the Internet.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Scan through your essay or dissertation to detect instances of ...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Protect your Java applications from decompilation.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Detect plagiarism between a set of documents.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Detect instances of the Internet plagiarism in .txt documents.
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Identify the percentage of similarity between two articles and ...
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Calculate Muslim prayer time and Qiblah direction anywhere in t...
- Scan your essay, article, term paper or dissertation with a sin...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Looks cool on the tin"
Version: Desktop Plagiarism Checker 1.11
none for me because can't use it. it also didn't work at work (behind a proxy)
unless you know what you're doing (i.e. have used it before), then don't expect and free scans. You need to sign up first. Or wait 24 hours. But if you need it within 24 hours you can sign up. But if you do you're told to wait up to 12 hours for - some kind of processing. Waste of time for me.
Version: Desktop Plagiarism Checker 1.11
tells you and rates the originality of your sentences line per line. Lets you know if you have any cliches phrases. Breaks it down for you for percentage of originality of your article or paper.
There is a limit on how many times use per 24hrs
Awesome tool! easy to use for a beginner and Ill always use it!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content