CNET Editors' review
Whether for its natural beauty, astronomical significance, astrological power, or its tidal pull, the moon has always attracted a crowd of admirers. Now, predicting the moon's appearance on a given night is simplified with a handy application called the Desktop Lunar Calendar.
This freeware program couldn't be simpler to use and understand. A small desktop calendar of the month appears accompanied by silhouetted of the different phases of the moon. Below the calendar, a realistic graphic of that evening's moon appears. Clicking around to different days of the month will show how the moon will look on each day--full, half, quarter, or obstructed.
Unfortunately, Desktop Lunar Calendar is short on frills like an alarm clock or an address book. This program can be adjusted for hemisphere, and the icons can be made larger or smaller. Users are also given the option to change the calendar's color. However, beyond these few choices, you will not be able to do much else with Desktop Lunar Calendar.
Still, the Desktop Lunar Calendar delivers the promised moon phase information in a way that any user can understand. While added features would make it more universal, users with a passion for the skies will find this a handy tool to have at their disposals.
Desktop Lunar Calendar is simple, fun and easy to use calendar. It is accurate anywhere in the world. It has two parts: image of the current moonÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¬Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¢s phase and compact, harmonic moon calendar. The 4 main quarter phases -- Full, New, First Quarter, and Last Quarter -- are marked on the calendar. You can change color of the calendar, size of the moonÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¬Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¢s image, timeÃ???Ã??Ã?Â¢Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¬Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¢s format and more.
More Products to Consider
- Calculate the phase of the Moon.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Record videos from your screen, webcam or other video devices o...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Manage and organize your schedules, to-do lists, and events wit...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Edit movies and other video recordings on a Windows PC.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Be alerted of any events when you turn your computer on.