CNET Editors' review
We are highly dependent on calendars; we have one on our wall, one on our phone, one in our bag, and one on the Internet. With Desktop Calendar, we can now have one on our desktop as well. Although this calendar has some room for improvement, we think it's a great choice if you want an attractive, easy-to-access calendar on your computer.
The calendar took up about two-thirds of our screen, appearing as a transparent grid that let our original desktop image show through. Adding an event was as easy as double-clicking on a particular day and entering our details; the program also gave us the option of color-coding our events. The calendar is highly customizable, with options for adjusting the transparency and the number of rows and past weeks shown. Although by default Desktop Calendar will utilize your current desktop image, it also has an option that will loop user-selected images in intervals ranging from 5 minutes to 2 hours. There's no Help file, but the program does come with a set-up wizard that covers the basics. Overall, we thought that Desktop Calendar was attractive and easy to use, but we would have been really crazy about it if it had the capability to integrate with Google Calendar. It does allow users to import and export data that's saved as a DB file, but we are spoiled and want things to update automatically. Still, if you don't mind entering events manually, Desktop Calendar is a versatile and well-designed option, and we recommend it.
Desktop Calendar installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly.
Desktop Calendar is a cool calendar placed on your windows desktop. It will helps you manage appointments, to-do lists, and schedules.It has multi-language support and record anything by double clicking on desktop.It can make a multi-Picture wallpaper as you like and make your work and life easy.
What's new in this version: Version 18.104.22.1681 has added Labour Day for USA version and fixed a bug of International Worker's Day.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Create wallpaper with active desktop calendar.
- Bring a new golf image on your desktop daily.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Generate a customized monthly or yearly calendar, print it or p...
- Generate different desktop wallpaper.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Modify your desktop wallpaper for multi-monitor systems.
- Change your desktop wallpaper with photos from Riya, Picasa, 23...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Enjoy the sight of elite cars on your desktop.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Beautify your desktop with original 3D cosmic image.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Watch astronauts explore outer space.
- Explore outer space with this planetary theme screensaver.
- Take flight with the beautiful birds on this musical screensave...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Display your love of cats with this feline screensaver.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It is easy to use once you become familiar with it."
Version: Desktop Calendar 22.214.171.1241
It overlays the desktop that is there currently. It is not overpowering to look at.
It would be nice to be able to minimize it to a smaller calendar that could be moved around the desktop as needed.
I have been looking for a desktop calendar for a long time and this one is pretty good. I would recommend it.This is the second time I downloaded this desktop calendar. (I just got a new desktop so I needed to do it again!) It is working great and I would recommend it to everyone. It is not overpowering on the desktop.
Updated on Oct 3, 2013
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content