From Tinnes Software:
Desktop Calendar 7 is a Windows Gadget that allows you to keep track of appointments, birthdays, anniversaries and anything else you would normally write on a traditional wall calendar. When you turn on your computer or the date changes you will be alerted five days in advance of any upcoming events. You can set events to repeat in a variety of ways (for example the second Tuesday of the month, every three weeks, Mondays and Fridays) and add exceptions to repeating rules by excluding or changing certain days. If it's a birthday or anniversary you can set it as such and specify the age or year so you don't have to remember for subsequent years. When entering an event you can add notes and choose a category. This associates it with a colour and an icon so you can easily distinguish between different types of events. There are a number of editable preset categories to choose from, or you can create your own. As the calendar is a gadget you can add as many instances to your desktop as you like and setup a different data file for each one. This means you can have different calendars for different areas of your life, for example you could have a work one and a personal one. Also when creating a data file you can select if you want it to be available to everyone or just the current user, this allows members of a family to have their own calendar and a shared one they can all see and change. There are eight different colour schemes to choose from and the calendar has two different display modes. It can be small and discreet, or you can switch to the full view which shows more information about your events. You also choose to display your events as images where the icon from the assigned category is used. This allows you to quickly see at a glance the type of events on each day, with the text available in a tooltip. Events can be exported from the calendar for viewing and printing either as a html file (in a grid or list) or to a plain text file. You can also export to a Data File for backup purposes or to a CSV file for transferring to another program. Import support includes CSV files, and Data Files for recovering backups or sharing events with other Desktop Calendar users.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124:
- Added week numbers on large calendar
- Scroll\fade effects added when changing between months
- You can now manually or automatically compact the calendar to just the title bar
- Added option to use plain backgrounds on large calendar
- Events on each day are now ordered alphabetically
- Added option of how many days in advance to be alerted of events
- Time format now defaults to the standard for your region e.g. 12/24 hour (cha... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Place a Presbyterian calendar with various features on your des...
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Have a calendar task planner with 12 month calendar on your Win...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create, play, modify, and synchronize your karaoke files.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Be alerted of any events when you turn your computer on.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Set a customizable calendar as your wallpaper.
- Show time and upcoming Google Calendar events with reminders.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Mix, edit, and add effects to your audio files.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content