CNET Editors' review
DeskSpace promises to help users manage their cluttered desktops by providing multiple 3D desktops to toggle through. While this sounds like a promising development, DeskSpace is one headache after another.
The program appears as an icon in the tray. A user's first instinct is to double click on a program to start it. However, here such a move takes you to a menu to help set up desktop hot keys. There are other options offering ways to customize DeskSpace. Left clicking and right clicking the tray icon presents a dropdown menu of other options. At no point did we see a 3D version of our desktop.
Further studying and a visit to the Help menu showed us how to create hot keys that supposedly bring the new desktop to the foreground. Nothing we did could make DeskSpace perform its duties.
This 14-day trial professes to offer a unique product that could help many people, but by burying it behind endless menus and shortcut keys, it winds up just frustrating. We do not recommend this download for anyone.
From Otaku Software:
DeskSpace increases your desktop space, allowing you to work and play on multiple desktops. With DeskSpace you can organize your programs and icons on multiple 3D desktops, and quickly switch between these desktops using the mouse and keyboard. DeskSpace lets you have different desktop wallpapers and icons on each desktop. You can also choose a name and picture for each desktop, to make them easier to recognize. DeskSpace gives you separate desktops for each of your day-to-day tasks, and lets you to switch between desktops and the applications on them.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.199 fixed a bug that caused command line windows that launch child processes to disappear while switching between desktops and includes performance improvements.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Access your Crawler toolbar menu with the ball on your desktop.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Beautify your desktop with original 3D cosmic image.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Watch astronauts explore outer space.
- Manage your desktop.
- Manage up to 16 virtual desktops in an amazing 3D space.
- View the outer space on a desktop screensaver.
- Manage your applications more easily in a 3D desktop.
- Open and manage virtual desktops on your PC.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Make many funny but useful things for your desktop icons.
- Discover new life form and new galaxies.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Find two similar pictures and remove them.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Create, edit, and display virtual messages on your screen.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: DeskSpace 188.8.131.52
Fast desktop switching.
Works with all my software.
Plenty of customization options.
Handles dual screens.
Handles virtual machine sessions.
Honestly I can think of any.
I work as an IT manager and use this program on my workstation. I've used this software for over four years and love it. I have to open a lot of RDP sessions and work on multiple projects daily using Deskspace. I also use it with virtual machine sessions and have had little or to no problems in all that time. Tested a lot of other similar programs but this on is the best I have found.
Any issues are quickly addressed by the company.
This is one of my "must have" programs!