From Ken Turkowski Consulting:
DeFish is an application that can be useful in constructing environment maps from photographs taken with fisheye lenses. This application makes use of technology that was widely published in 1986, 5 years before any fisheye patents.
The intent is to provide enough capability to project a fisheye image to a perspective image, thereby allowing the user to use the perspective images in other environment map authoring software, such as Apple's QuickTime VR Authoring Studio. The primary advantage to this technique is to capture a much larger field of view than that
This software has been tested on a variety of fisheye images, from 16 mm to 6 mm equivalents. It is simple to calibrate for center and radius by clicking and dragging. A provision is made for barrel distortion correction, but I'm afraid it isn't very easy for even the expert to use; this is something for a future revision.
What's new in this version:
- The ability to drag images onto DeFish in Mac OS X (as well as OS 8 and 9).
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps.
- Calculate view angles & # of photos for panoramas.
- View comic and manga images.
- RAW converter for digital cameras.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Panorama creation/image stitching for PanoTools.
- Debug local and remote Flash applications.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Stitch any number of photos into a panoramic image.
- Resize & sharpen pics & upload to blog software via MetaWebLog.
- Professional-grade raw converter and image editor.
- Know where you took that photo. Write EXIF/XMP/IPTC to JPEG, RA...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content