CyberLink PowerDirector 13 Ultra is a pro-level video production and editing suite that is well within the grasp of talented amateurs. PowerDirector specializes in speed, especially in 64-bit Windows systems. It creates themes, subtitles, slideshows, and 3D animated titles; supports end-to-end 4K and 3D; and bundles more than 100 video-editing tools and many extras, including unlimited free templates and other resources, in the DirectorZone. Version 13's improved MultiCam Editing auto-syncs more than 100 cameras. Other PowerDirector bundles are available, too.
Speed features: PowerDirector's blistering, 64-bit TrueVelocity four-video engine supports OpenGL and multiple graphics cards. Enabling shadow files of HD video downloads during the setup process speeds up editing but degrades previews, though the final video quality is unaffected.
User experience: PowerDirector's quick-launch screen let us choose the Full Feature Editor, Easy Editor, or Slideshow Creator. The Full Feature Editor packs a lot in an efficient, customizable layout topped by its four main tools: Capture, Edit, Produce, and Burn Disc. Rooms display content: Media Room, Particle Room, and so on.
Extras: The Ultra suite bundles many tools and extras, including SmartSound for audio tracks, Apple's QuickTime, and a menu of Magic Tools for quick fixes.
Download: PowerDirector 13's 6GB RAR file took a while to download and required third-party software to extract. Installation (and reinstallation) may be easier with the boxed CD edition.
Extra Startup entries: Choosing QuickTime's automatic Apple software update option adds an entry to your Startup Menu that can delay booting.
CyberLink PowerDirector 13 Ultra is sophisticated and fun to use, and most similar tools can't compete with its great speed and features.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of CyberLink PowerDirector 13. The trial version has limited functionality.
PowerDirector15 offers a unique combination of high-end performance and advanced editing features. It's remarkably easy to use, making video editing accessible to creators of all skill levels, and a huge selection of customizable design tools, including unique alpha transitions, animated titles, particles and PiP objects, provide the freedom to explore creativity and reflect it in unique video creations.
- Very basic video editor (not too complicate and hard)
- Most of the effects and animation are decent.
- The music that you put was skipped like a few moments and making the music inaccurate beginning playing time.
- No autosave feature (I have to start over because it randomly freeze or crashed for no reason)
- Blank black screen glitch (Occurs if I add too many video that is less than 1 sec long)
- Can't put 2 captions or more at the same time. Including putting 2 SFX or music.
- Boring font: Segoe UI, is there a feature that automatically picks cool fonts that you want everytime you put captions?
- After you replace a missing music or sounds, the other music and sounds you put were moved to the left.
-Lack of cool fonts (like you put a cool glowing fonts or a 3D fonts, but in here they don't have it.)
You'd better try another professional video editing software because they don't have more glitches..Filmora is a better option than this.