CNET Editors' review
CryptoHeaven is an encryption utility optimized for secure Internet communication. You can use it to send secure and anonymous e-mail and instant messages, post safely and privately in online chatrooms and forums, and safely store, share, and distribute files online. It offers both free and premium individual and multiuser encryption services and the latest encryption technology, such as no third-party keyholders and algorithms that basically take longer than the age of the universe to break.
Downloading and installing CryptoHeaven is easy, and so is signing up for a free account. The odd nag screen extols the advantages of the full version, such as greater capacity for messages and files, stronger encryption, and multiple accounts. Logging in calls up CryptoHeaven's main window, which is much like an e-mail client in layout and function. Excellent documentation amply illustrated with screen shots walks new users through the basics of using CryptoHeaven, such as its Folder Tree and its Context Sensitive Folder View. There's also a "digital safe deposit box" for secure online storage.
Like most secure online communication tools, both parties must have active CryptoHeaven accounts, and each must be in the other's contact list, to send or receive protected e-mail, instant messages, or file transfers. However, with more and more business being done online and with a growing threat from cybercrime, it's a wise precaution that's well worth the effort to set up and use. The premium version offers expanded online storage and multiple user capabilities at various prices for advanced and enterprise users.
CryptoHeaven will allow you to send your files without having to worry about unwanted users reading them. Send and receive secure and anonymous email. Backup, store and share files online securely. Chat and exchange secure instant messages, create secure message boards and share document folders.
What's new in this version: Version 3.8 build 790 is a maintenance release focusing on stability and performance.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Get a file transfer application.
- Retrieve Hotmail or MSN Messenger passwords for your local comp...
- Encrypt and decrypt files using WISeKey certificates.
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Monitor and record chat conversations on your PC or network.
- Email plug-in insures intended attachments are included with th...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Encrypt and secure text within your files.
- Launch applications, search music instantly, send e-mail, zip f...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Ultimate in email security, very useful in my travels!"
Version: CryptoHeaven 3.8 build 790
I personally love it. I travel a lot and this allows me to securely communicate with my office and work remotely. Encryption is very strong and storage is all encrypted.
The mobile app has basic features only, need to use desktop software.
I recommend this for the end-to-end encrypted email and encrypted chat.