CNET Editors' review
CorelDraw Graphics Suite X7 offers professional-quality design tools for graphic artists of all levels. The latest iteration of CorelDraw comes with a sleeker UI, additional tool sets, and greater flexibility. By empowering users in their workflow, Corel offers a more competitive package for digital designers.
Personalized digital studio: With CorelDraw X7 you have total control over your workspace and design process. Both CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint offer different types of intuitive layouts for designers of all levels. Workspaces range from minimalistic (lite), to familiar (default) and even allow custom setups. This means you can spend more time creating instead of fiddling. Adobe users will be able to hit the ground running with the Photoshop- and Illustrator-friendly layouts.
Broader hardware support: CorelDraw X7 can take full advantage of the 64-bit architecture of most current systems -- you're no longer limited by software. Multiple-monitor support allows you to expand the work environment across many screens.
Expanding creativity resources: With the new Corel Connect, you can browse, discover, and exchange patterns and fills with the online Corel community. Discover new content to inspire your creative process, or make your own pattern to share. View online tutorials and instructions to get the most out of the suite.
License and subscription model: Unlike other design suites, users can choose to own CorelDraw for a flat fee (currently $499.99) or go for a monthly/yearly subscription plan. Current CorelDraw owners can upgrade their license for a fee. This dual-purchase model allows a wider range of customers access to the design tools they need.
PC only: CorelDraw does not have a concurrent Mac release. With a good amount of visual artists choosing Apple as their main system, this lack of support can alienate those who like to do their work across multiple platforms.
CorelDraw X7 finds a nice balance between the full professional suite and the standard image editor. By offering its usual massive set of tools alongside X7's additional functions, CorelDraw can offer something for everyone, regardless of their skill level. With a friendly, modern UI, comfortable workspaces, and a flexible licensing model, the suite is more usable and affordable than ever. Future add-ons promise users a mobile pattern creator tool for iOS 7 and the ability to browse patterns and fills on the go with a Windows 8 app. Lack of support means that Mac users are left out for now. However, CorelDraw's robustness as an illustrator app may tempt users to give it try, especially at its cheaper rate.
Make a major impact with your designs using CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7. Whether you're creating graphics and layouts, editing photos or designing websites, this complete suite helps you get started quickly and stay on track. That's because the smartly redesigned interface is fully customizable--you can adapt your workspace to fit your workflow. Imagine total control over text and colors, and advanced fill and transparency options. Discover new ideas and keep your designs fresh with access to community-generated and premium cloud-based content. As you move from concept to production, you'll find all your favorite tools at every step. Design your way with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7.
What's new in this version:
- New! Redesigned interface and fully customizable workspaces
Design your way with CorelDRAW Graphic Suite X7, thanks to its redesigned, completely customizable interface. We've streamlined our tools and settings to reflect your natural workflow, so everything is where you need it, when you need it. Choose between Lite, Classic or the Default workspace to get started smoothly, then use the new quick customize feature to tailor your toolbox and property bars to suit your needs. New adv... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Create motion graphics and visual effects.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Explore new paths with this vector-graphics tool.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Convert PDF files to different document and image formats with ...
- Install new extensions and manage the ones you already have.
- Convert to PDF any Web page from a given URL or a HTML file fro...
- Deliver professional PDF communications; share information more...
- Design professional layouts for print and digital publishing.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format.
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Create and deliver rich multimedia and dynamic Internet apps.
- Viewe, explore, & analyze 3D medical or scientific data.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format via command line.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 113 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (32-bit) X7
Really easy inteface.See for your self.Get it now.
Nothing I can think of...Nothing at all.
Must have. My favorite program together with **********. , Don't take my word. See for yourself...