CNET Editors' review
With its many cloud streaming options and powerful audio player, Clementine for Mac looks like a solid music app. The place where it truly shines, though, is in its impressive music streaming services support: It's compatible with all the popular services out there. If you love to discover new music on the Web, you'll love this app.
After a quick setup, Clementine for Mac presents you with an intuitive interface that makes all manner of features easily accessible, from smart playlists to unified search. The feature that will impress you most, however, is the ability to stream music within the app from all the popular cloud-based services available, including Dropbox, Box.com, Google Drive, SoundCloud, and Grooveshark. In our tests we successfully used these services to play music and we didn't encounter any problems with the exception of having to manually sign in to each service. What's great is that the app lets you search across all the different services from a single window and then displays unified search results. A nice touch to the whole experience is the addition of an Android Remote app, which provides all expected controls and even allows you to manage Clementine when not on the same Wi-Fi network.
While it may not replace iTunes as an iPhone or iPod music manager, Clementine for Mac excels as a music streaming app. It sets the bar when it comes to integration with online storage and music streaming services. Its other music playback features won't disappoint you, either.
From David Sansome:
Clementine is a multiplatform music player. It is inspired by Amarok 1.4, focusing on a fast and easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music.
What's new in this version: Major features:
- (Android Remote) Add kittens support.
- Rename SkyDrive to OneDrive.
- Don't include the user's IP address in the log (from the network remote settings dialog).
- (Debian) Fix a bug with HTTPS logins to all cloud storage providers.
- (Mac OS X) Fix a bug in the workaround for a weird font issue on 10.9.
- (Mac OS X) Fix rendering of source icons on retina displays.
- (Android Remote) Don't advertise son... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music player with a simple and minimalistic interface. Powerful...
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Full-screen QuickTime player that fixes sync problems on-the-fl...
- Tool for changing the tempo, pitch and sampling rate of a music...
- Record Audio from Any Online Video or Audio Stream.
- Shanghai-style tile matching game.
- HD audio converter for high-resolution files WAV, FLAC, AIFF, m...
- Access your music collection through any browser.
- IPod song, video & playlist sync in 2 directions.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great OpenSource Music Player"
Version: Clementine 1.1
* open source
* doesn't try to sell me things in some crappy app-store
* can enjoy my music in a nice interface
nothing really, except it could use some more developers, think the team consists of two guys doing the main work.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content