From Loden Software:
Chapter and Verse is a free software tool to create chapterized audiobooks for the iPod, iTunes and Quicktime on the Windows operating system. Starting with Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) formatted files or any other audio file supported in iTunes, the user can combine multiple input files into a single audiobook file with chapter marks. Non-AAC files are automatically converted using iTunes. Chapters can be added, modified or deleted as desired for the combined audiobook. Chapters can be created automatically at the start of each input file and they can also be added at regular intervals specified by the user. If a single file with existing chapters is selected, the user can then add to, modify or delete the existing chapters. Chapter images can also be specified for the chapters and they will be shown during playback on iTunes, QuickTime and on selected iPods. The user can specify fourteen (14) metadata or information tags (e.g. Title, Artist, Album, Composer and Comment tags) as well as the cover artwork for the combined audiobook. A virtual copy of the audiobook is created to allow the user to test the changes and to be able to listen to the audiobook prior to building the combined audiobook. The user can then add a chapter at specific time or adjust an existing chapter in the audiobook based on the time position of the player during playback. Project files containing all input file, chapter and metadata settings can be saved and opened to allow for later editing. Additional tools are provided to import/export metadata, artwork and chapters. The user can also query the audio properties of input files. At the end of the audiobook build process, the user can choose to have the audiobook automatically added to their iTunes Library.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4.5 features HE AAC support fix and updated Icon.
More Products to Consider
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Extract and display Bible verses daily.
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Get an audio book player with text synchronization.
- Convert MIDI files into a variety of audio formats.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Rename and sort your MP3 files and edit their ID3 tags too.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Transform audio files to MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, or AAC formats.
- Read about possible US history.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Edit mp3 tags on your iPod, iTouch, or iPhone.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Convert APE, FLAC, MP3, WAV files to AAC with drag-and-drop int...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Work in progress"
Version: Chapter and Verse 1.4.5
Easy to use looking interface.
Needs iTunes and QuickTime installed do really do anything, which is annoying. Failed to build a single audio book out of any of the files I tried with, which is unforgivable. Crashes constantly on any sort of task with no helpful error messages.
If it actually worked it would be nice. However, the pointless reliance on iTunes (a terrible, bloated app that is not intuitive to use) means the install is more complicated then it needs to be. Actually being able to make audio books would be nice.