CNET Editors' review
Windows accepts nearly every kind of font, but managing them is a different story. Freeware font managers can fill the need, and there are plenty to choose from. Veign's Cfont Pro is a powerful tool for viewing and managing your system's fonts. It can install and uninstall font packages, print and export font data, and even repair common registry errors that can affect fonts. Its Preview mode lets you see fonts before actually installing them, and a SlideShow mode displlays installed fonts one by one. Cfont Pro's extras include a glyph viewer and a Zoomer tool that shows a highly magnified view of any part of your screen in a small, gridded window. It can display individual characters in pixel-by-pixel detail.
Cfont Pro opens with a tool tip you can turn on or off in the Options menu. The program's user interface is a busy but well-designed take on the classic Explorer-style layout, with customizable navigation tools like the Font Browser in the left sidebar, a Font Properties display in the right sidebar, and an information panel below. All the panels can be customized, resized, closed, and pinned open. A browser-style toolbar offers basic font controls like italics and size in pixels. The main window displays a sample of each font you select.
The fully indexed Help file reviews each feature, starting with the Archive Cleaner, which can remove unused fonts from your system, reclaiming disk space. Users who boot from a smaller solid-state drive (SSD) will welcome this feature, but even if your C drive is large enough not to worry about space constraints, removing unused fonts helps keep Windows slim, too, which can mean faster boots and better performance.
You may not realize just how many fonts your system has until you view them in a good font manager, and Cfont Pro is a very good font manager, not only for installing fonts and repairing font-related issues but also for removing unneeded fonts and previewing fonts before writing them into Windows. Cfont Pro belongs at the top of any list of free font managers.
Cfont Pro lets you view installed system fonts and a special mode where you select a directory, CD, or network drive and preview the fonts. Advanced property window lets you control all aspects of the displayed font. Slideshow feature will autmatically cycle through your fonts. Advanced character map, font magnifier, Preview exporter, plus so much more.
Version 18.104.22.168 includes redesign Font Browser to include an always displayed Folder Browser.
What's new in this version: Version 22.214.171.124 redesigns Font Browser to include an always displayed Folder Browser.
More Products to Consider
- Manage, organize, and maintain your font collection.
- Speed up Windows startup by removing and backing up unused font...
- Organize and manage your fonts in PC.
- Browse and preview fonts you have installed on your computer.
- Compare and manage your fonts.
- View,organize,install,delete & print fonts lists.
- Design, edit, and convert Open Type, TrueType, and PostScript f...
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Choose from over 4700 TrueType fonts.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Create charts, graphics, diagrams, and maps easily.
- View and read PDF documents without images.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- View your fonts with style.
- Convert Adobe Flash SWF to WMV format file.
- View and manage fonts on your computer.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Work with drawing, photo editing, and page design tasks of any ...
- Browse and preview installed fonts with this tool.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not Working on Windows Vista"
Version: Cfont Pro 126.96.36.199
Great program (my favorite) on Windows XP
Freezes trying to initialize and load fonts on Windows Vista; never get past blank window
Seems to have some problems; wish I had an earlier version to try.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: