CNET Editors' review
Card Master provides over 20 different card games users can play or learn to play. The game control is simple and the layout is perfect for users of all skill levels.
The program's interface consisted of clearly designed cards with click-and-drag action. The highlight was that each of the games contained a brief description of the rules and visual examples of scoring options for more complicated games, like Euchre. The game selection ranged from the classic and simple, like War, to the more complex, like Canasta, and on to games we'd never heard of, like Oh! Hell, along with 19 others. All were laid out well and were easy to play after reading instructions. One extremely helpful tool was a small box at the bottom of the screen that told us what the next move needed to be and which player's responsibility it was, which was great when we were learning new games. The computer proved to be a good opponent who was neither a pushover nor an expert. However, the program's strongest feature was its option to let you to play online opponents, which provided an unlimited supply of new challenges. Whether playing online or against the computer, we were impressed by the assortment of games and how simple they were to grasp.
CardMaster is a freeware program. We recommend it.
From Owl King Publishing:
Card Master is a fun collection of many different card games including Arlington, Bezique, Canasta, Comet, Durok, Euchre, Exacta, Fantan, Funny Game, German Whist, Klabberjass, Knaves, Oh Hell, Skat, Scotch Whist, Spades, Spite and Malice, Tablanette, War, Whist, and Zetema.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Flexible & capable grading program for teachers.
- Guess the meaning of vanity license plates.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Join individual files of different rates and frequencies on you...
- Create and solve puzzles (mosaics) created on the basis of any ...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Manage your projects, clients, and working hours.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Control the time employees spend playing computer games.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- PC remote control with network deployment.
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Card Master is not freeware"
Version: Card Master 22.214.171.124
Couldn't even try it since there isn't even a trial version.
Sleazy method of getting people to download it as freeware.
"CardMaster is a freeware program. We recommend it." The statement in quotes from CNET is wrong. There is absolutely nothing free about it CardMaster. Once it's installed and you try to open it you're prompted to register it without even an opportunity to try it. The cost is $14.95 which is probably high for a card game in the first place considering the number of free offerings. don't waste your time by downloading it. HLG