Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project - your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'll spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved impeccably on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to business. Replace the failed hard drive at your convenience, and then restore all of your stuff in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity as well!
What's new in this version:
- This update is qualified on OS X El Capitan.
- Fixed an issue that would lead CCC to report that its private keychain is not writable when the keychain had not yet been created.
- CCC will no longer allow running another task as a postflight task if the secondary task is disabled.
- SMTP usernames that contain special characters (e.g. "%") are now accommodated.
- The user agent is no longer re-launched after changing the Show CCC icon in menubarSee all new features »