Capturix ScanShare allows you to share a scanner device over the network. With Capturix ScanShare, you can share any compatible scanner (TWAIN) over the network and use it also as a copy machine. Capturix ScanShare allows users to access your scanner via browser and scan documents, and take copies using the printer connected to the PC that is sharing the scanner. It scans directly to PDF, BMP, JPEG, and PNG. With built-in OCR.
More Products to Consider
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Scan and report open ports on your network and set time lapse b...
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Add encryption and secure methods to your network files.
- Access files over TCP/IP network on PC.
- Monitor and record video activity from your webcam, network cam...
- Troubleshot and solve issues with your network on PC.
- Test & diagnose network problems.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Turn your PC into a hot spot.
- Track Windows ARP cache without requiring a MAC address.
- Collect network inventory data and create customizable reports.
- Organize, optimize, and share your photo collection with ease.
- Share a scanner over the network just like you share a printer.
- Test and diagnose CAN/CANopen networks on PC.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Converts your DVD movies to many mobile formats.
- Access your PC's screen remotely.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Capturix ScanShare 1.5.1
first of all go their home page and get the latest version which has added capabilities. i think its 2.09 i will be reviewing here. only installed on server machine no client installation required. you assign any ip and any port available on your network and system and optional password protection can be added. the best part is you pay once and you will upgrade for free for life as stated on their home page. compare 1.5.1 and 2.09 or whichever recent version when you are reading this and you will appreciate the improvements they have made. scan to jpg,bmp,gif,pdf whatever it is you need. also lets you to use to device as copier. i have seen fax and other options but didnt bother since i dont need them, however, good to know they are there. this software will NOT integrate into your lets say Photoshop or anything. meaning you cannot use the "import" option of softwares. you go to any browser enter the ip you assigned to the scanner including the port such as 192.168.0.11:4400 and right away you access the user friendly interface. scan at the dpi you like, save as whatever format you choose and thats it the file is on your desktop. i have tried possibly all scanner sharing software including remotescan(which is terrible) and blindscanner which was OK. but this is the best for me. highly recommended.
i could not scan with this software over 500dpi although i know that my scanner is capable of doing so. maybe sth wrong on my side. i don't know. but even if this is a software flaw, 500dpi will be sufficient for most of us.
"No multi page support"
Version: Capturix ScanShare 1.06 build 50
1. Actually does what it says.
2. No software required on the client machine
3. The copy machine funtion is pretty cool.
1. Does not support multi-page scanning. If you were to do this, you would scan each one independently and end up with many JPG or BMP files. No standard fax TIFF support like microsoft document manager.
2. Does not scan to PDF (no biggie)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: