CNET Editors' review
With so many devices having cameras nowadays, people are more interested than ever in editing and modifying their photos. Luckily, Capture One for Mac allows users a chance to edit photos in a detail-oriented and feature-loaded interface.
Capture One for Mac lets you edit photos in every imaginable way. This program includes basic editing features like cropping, but it also includes more-advanced features like distortion removal. Files can be saved into catalogs for easier retrieval. Professional-grade features make this photo-editing software even more exciting. Because of the size of image files, the program can run a bit slow depending on how many files you try to upload at once. You are also able to assess photos based on their exposure gradient. Even the interface is modifiable so that you can create the perfect work environment. In the program window, there are links to a variety of tutorials to help you get started with this complicated program. The only downside to this program is the complex interface and incredible number of modifications that are possible. The program can be used for free for a trial period of 60 days. The full version costs $299.
Capture One for Mac works exceptionally well for editing and adjusting photos. This program is suited for both personal and professional use, although nonprofessionals may find the program a bit overwhelming initially.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Capture One for Mac 7.0.2
From Phase One:
Capture One is a raw converter and digital photo workflow software which enables photographers to reduce the time and effort required to deliver stunning ready-to-use images with excellent color and detail. Capture One is designed to create the best image quality in the market and holds a series of easy-to-use tools created to match the professional photographer's daily workflow.
More Products to Consider
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Create, apply and share filters and effects for your images and...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Convert your images to various formats.
- View comic and manga images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Stitch seamless photo panoramas automatically or manually. Fast...
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Sketchpad for sharing visual ideas.
- Detects duplicates, thumbnails, thumbnails of faces, missing ph...
- Post production tool for photographers.
- Capture and record the activity on your screen.
- Batch process images.
- Manage your free and purchased stock assets.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Capture One is the leading professional Raw Converter."
Version: Capture One Pro 7 6.2
Capture One is faster and more interactive than Lightroom, offers more controls than dXo, and provides a smoother workflow from start to finish than Photoshop for digital photography (as opposed to retouching and manipulation) applications.
The only con is that the cataloguing is not done by Capture One, thought it integrates very well with Microsoft Expressions, which is directly supported.
Offering dramatically more functionality than dXo or Lightroom, and many many times faster than either, Capture One is currently the preferred choice of many photographic professionals for Raw development and editing. Everything is configured to make a professional workflow smoother and more transparent, and the overall responsiveness is so good that it almost feels like handling large prints. Most of the controls go a step beyond anything available in competing products, and the the curves and colour controls are better than Photoshop's native (though there are some plugins which are better still). Capture One is mainly aimed at the Medium Format market, though version 6.0 introduced native support for Nikon and Canon. It's hard to set out in just a few words the full range of advantages that Capture One offers. However, the extent of the controls means that this is harder to learn than Lightroom for those who don't intend to work with it every day. The much greater functionality is reflected in the price.
"The Best Raw photo Editing tool"
Version: Capture One Pro 7 5.2
top quality ,great for working on Nikon Raw
expensive but worth it
Capture one pro is the The Best Raw photo Editing tool out there with the highest output quality
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content