CNET Editors' review
Time clock software is easy to understand: employees clock in and out on a PC instead of a wall clock. It ought to be easy enough that any employees can use it, no matter what their skill level. And it ought to be free, since the typical small business needs all the help it can get. Few programs can cover all three "oughtas," though. We looked at one that hits a triple: CKZ Time Clock. It's supersimple for employees: click on your name and then click the big Clock In or Clock Out buttons. Employees can check their hours at any time. While it offers a lot of features, some features available in the paid version aren't in the freeware version.
CKZ Time Clock's interface is simple, with a list of employees on the left and a large time and date display on the right. It has two main tabs, Employee Options and Administration. The first tab lets employees check their hours by logging on with a password or their e-mail address. Clicking Activate Administration called up a message indicating that the feature was disabled in the free version. Another button on the interface linked to a paid upgrade. During the initial setup operation, we were able to enter our company information. We could edit this information and set system options by clicking the Administration tab and selecting System Options. The System Setup and Options dialog also let us configure Payroll, Employee, and System Options. Most of the selections include detailed explanations of the choices, something we didn't expect but certainly commend. From the Administration tab, we could add, edit, and activate, deactivate, and reactivate employees, edit their data, and view clocked in employees. Under Reports, we could generate single- and multiple-employee reports or run a payroll summary. Clicking Help opened a support site that included a user's forum and video tutorials.
With contrasting highlight colors and a ribbon-style interface, CKZ Time Clock will look right at home with your other productivity tools. It's easy to add and edit employee and company data, which certainly helps. Better still, it's easy for employees to use. Best of all, it's free.
From Invoice Expert:
CKZ Time Clock software will help you manage all your employees without wasting time with old paper time cards. Each pay period our Time clock software will save you countless hours of your precious time by generating automated payroll reports for your employees. Simply print the reports and write the checks and your done.
More Products to Consider
- Let your employees clock in and out via the Web.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Replace mechanical time card machine and manage your payroll vi...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Manage your employee's working hours and reports using a USB ke...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Track and manage time in a network of up to 2000 employees on m...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Automate your business administration routine.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Keep track of your employees' working time.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keeep track of your time and money spent.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Solve all your time-keeping and payroll problems with this empl...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Manage up to 5000 employees without using paper time cards.
- Provide employee time clock software including time tracking, p...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Keep full track of inventory, from purchasing to sales with rep...
All versions:2.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Free Version Is NOT Worth The Time It Takes To Download"
Version: CKZ Time Clock 4.12.03
there is a free version
The Free Version is pretty much worthless. There are no security provisions on the free version. I wanted to get some sort of time clock for my 2 employees to make sure I'm not getting cheated on hours. In the description I was lead to believe the only downfall of the free version is that you can only add 3 employees so I thought it would be perfect for me. All 3 employees have the ability to change the time they clocked in and out basiclly making it pointless.
"Terrible Instructions for Network setup"
Version: CKZ Time Clock 4.12.03
Easy to Use
No documentation on network setup. Bought 15 user system, could not get it to work on network. Support is non existent.
Do not use in network enviroment
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content