CNET Editors' reviewApply restrictions to the usage of your CD/DVD ROM player with this application, but be aware of a security hole accessible through the Task Manager. CDRom Watchdog docks itself in your system tray, and right-clicking the icon gives you control in opening and closing the drive. From the system tray, you can launch its straightforward main interface, which contains a few navigation buttons and a table that displays the label and volume number of restricted CDs. It can be password-protected to prevent access to your settings and the closing of the application. However, we managed to terminate the program through the Task Manager and restrictions were easily removed. In our tests, the program immediately retrieved the label name and volume number of the test CD (a game installer) and after adding it to the list, the CD was quickly ejected. This 15-day trial program suits home users in preventing abuse when others use your CD/DVD ROM player, but the security flaw forces us to withdraw our recommendation.
From CDRom Watchdog Software:
You can master the usage of the CDROM/DVDROM by using CDRom Watchdog. So that CDROM/DVDROM will be your loyal subordinate. All the disks or CD-ROM unaccepted by you are forbidden to use. You can prevent such things to happen by CDRom Watchdog, that your children play the games secretly(parent control) or anyone use your CDRom without your approval. If you have this series of software, anyone could not use your CD-ROM unauthorized.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Chase bandits and find stolen presents.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Find memory leaks and optimize memory usage.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Place a transparent analog clock on your screen.
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Watch TV channels and listen to radio stations on your PC.
- Display an aquarium with a clock.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Watch Internet TV and listen to online radio stations on your P...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Solve, create, assist, and teache Sudoku.
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Play a puzzle game for handicap single switch users.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Monitor and block unauthorized dialing out from your computer.
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Watch satellite TV and listen to radio stations from all over t...
- Disable the Eject button on your CD/DVD drive to prevent kids f...