CNET Editors' review
CDRViewer for Mac is a basic application that makes it easy to open CorelDraw images on a Mac, a task that was formerly impossible. This app will be especially helpful to graphic designers using both Windows and OS X.
CDRViewer for Mac installs in a blink of an eye. Since there is no interface, all you have to do to view your CorelDraw image using this app is to open it from the Menu Bar. We tried opening multiple CDR files of different sizes and had no problems whatsoever. Images loaded quickly and the application encountered no errors. The loading time of each file depended on the actual file size; therefore, it took only a second to open a 56KB file, while for a file of over 1MB it took a couple of seconds extra. Each CDR file was clearly displayed and we were able to zoom in and out using a slider to get an even better view. It would have been nice if the application had some additional options, such as an option to export files in different formats; but since it only acts as a CDR viewer, the shortage of options was to be expected.
CDRViewer for Mac offers you the only way to view CorelDraw files on Mac OS X. If you have a lot of these files and don't mind a really basic application that acts only as a viewer, you should try it out.
From Splash Colors:
Until now I couldn't open CorelDRAW files on my iMac. As every designer knows CorelDRAW is discontinued after version 11. Now We have developed a simple application that opens CorelDRAW files on Mac OS. Opening CorelDRAW format files on Mac OS is possible now. When you install CDRViewer on your Mac OS, you will be able to open CDR files. CDRViewer is free for use software. CDR file format stands for CorelDRAW and this extension is proprietary format used by CorelDRAW software. CDR format is not recognized by other image editing programs and to save to other image formats it needs to be opened in CorelDRAW and then exported in other format. This can be done only on Windows. With CDRViewer there is no need to another operating system and another machine to display CDR file formats.
More Products to Consider
- Create or download 3D models.
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Page layout & design.
- Photoshop plug-in to reduce noise & grain.
- Multi-technique animation software for hobbyists, students and ...
- Design home and office interiors on Mac.
- Convert CorelDraw(CDR) files to PDF file format in batch.
- 68k Mac emulator.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- 2D CAD product to create, edit and view DWG files.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Easily PDF files without buying Adobe Acrobat.
- Game Boy Advance emulator.
- View, mark-up, print, save .dwg as pdf.
- Package management system.
- OS 9 fix for their PC card modems.