CNET Editors' review
Those who are unhappy with the current native Web browser for Mac, Safari, may be looking for additional options. While basically functional as a Web browser, Browse for Mac is difficult to use, and those looking for free browsing alternatives should look elsewhere.
Available as freeware, Browse for Mac does not require any payment to unlock its full functioning. Download took an average amount of time, but it required two tries to obtain a file that would open properly. Once activated, the program opened quickly without any unnecessary steps or menus to navigate. There was no support available. Other free browsers available have active technical support for users, which is a clear advantage over this program. The interface was also fairly standard as compared to other Web browsers. A bar in the top of the window allows for URL entry and there are additional buttons for searching, navigating, and several other areas that appear to utilize widgets. None of the widget buttons were functional during testing, but appeared to be intended for weather data. Unfortunately, URL entry was more cumbersome and required the user to enter "http" and "www" information rather than simply typing the domain name as with other browsers. Features are extremely limited, and there are no options for bookmarks or favorites. The program simply opens and performs basic Web navigation.
With limited functionality and cumbersome Web navigation, those seeking an alternative to the major Web browsers should chose another option over Browse for Mac.
This is Browse. With Browse there is no bookmarks, no tags, no extensions. Just the web. Browse allows you to open up the application using almost 0 CPU power and then surf the web fast and easily. Faster than any browser we have tested. Updates will come eventually so check back here every month.
What's new in this version:
- Resizable Windows: This version of Browse finally allows resizable, and fullscreen windows for all resolutions.
- Customizable Toolbar: Browse 4 includes a completely customizable toolbar, down to the Browse icon, that does not slow down your computer.
- Menu Bar: Browse contains a completely redesigned, beautiful menu bar.
- Dynamic Reloading: Dynamic Reloading allows you to leave a page, and then come back instantly. For example, if you are searching something on YouTube, and... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Get the most out of social networking and the Web in this brows...
- Search web browser history/bookmark content.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout.
- OS X build of the open source Chromium web browser.
- Full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services ...
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Finds coupons for online shoppers during checkout automatically...
- Eliminates annoyances of using multiple web browsers.
- Web browser.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content