CNET Editors' review
BrainSpeeder Brain Games is a free trio of seemingly simple brain games that you can play on your PC or online against other players. It tweaks your topknot by challenging your memory and math skills with games that are easy to learn and quick to play yet become more challenging as you progress through their levels. The games are Arithmetic, which tests basic math skills like addition and subtraction; Mnemonic, which requires players to quickly memorize and recall numbers; and Speedoku, in which players must complete number sequences.
BrainSpeeder's simple log-on and control panel involves three actions: choosing a language, either German or English; opting to play online or offline; and entering or choosing a player name from a drop-down list and logging on with a password. We chose offline mode to start, which required us to create a player name but not a password. We entered our data and clicked Next, which presented us with three choices: Games, Mode, and Level. We chose the Arithmetic game, Standard Mode, and Level 1 of 8. The game challenged us to solve an equation as quickly as possible and enter the answer. Counters displayed our score and errors. The game doesn't advance without a correct answer. Like the Arithmetic game, the other two games were easy to play--at first. While you don't need to register with BrainSpeeder to play, the registration is free and not very intrusive; it didn't even require an e-mail address. The chief benefit of registering is being able to track your scores online and compare them with other players' scores. Web-based rules of play seem to be the only documentation.
It seems you must close the program to end a game without finishing it, and it doesn't remember your language choice; you must choose German or English when you open BrainSpeeder (which doesn't bother us too much since avoiding cookies works to keep both software and software users thin and nimble) and enter your password each time, though that's no bother. The best brainteasers are simple yet challenging, and that describes BrainSpeeder Brain Games, too.
Online brain training and brain teasers for free! Mind exercises and mental workout for your grey matter with big fun factor. The quick brain games of BrainSpeeder enhance your mental agility with different types of mind games such as Arithmetic, Mnemonic, Speedoku and so on. This brain trainer will pep up your mind: ... Solve at top speed a series of math equations by mental arithmetic. The game Mnemonic flashes numbers or numerical series at the player, which he has to reproduce correctly and as quick as possible. In the style of Sudoku, Speedoku asks the player to complete numerical series. The missing number has to be recognized and typed in as fast as possible. But what sounds easy enough at the beginning will challenge the player after a few rounds: A refined online league system and the "Hall of Brain" allow him to match himself with other players worldwide. Only the player who solves his tasks correctly (and quickly, above all) can ascend to the next league at the end of the week. Furthermore, a "Brain of the Day" will be nominated daily. Cup ties offer opportunities to compete with others in two-party teams in a sudden death-system. If you want to resist the allurement of online-gaming, you can still keep your brain cells fit and play the brain games of BrainSpeeder on your home computer without an Internet connection as well. Have fun and train your brain - just be quicker!
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Generate a huge number of random tangram puzzles and build your...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a brain training game.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play a brain teaser game on your PC.
- Access your favorite games, wherever you are on the web.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Check out these Java jigsaw puzzle applets.
- Improve your memory and concentration via the card game.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play online physics games, review walkthroughs and cheats.
- Play Tic-tac-toe, Cram, and Super Nim.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play eight different puzzle solitaire card games on your PC.
- Feel smart, relaxed, focused & ecstatically happy.
- Test and improve your knowledge on world history.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent memory game for the brain"
Version: BrainSpeeder Brain Games 3.4.102
I like the small sleek design. No matter what age you are; this game will keep your brain in tip top condition. But do it for fun. You are able to play on and off line. Easy to install; easy to play
I have no complaints.
Best of the Best Brain Games