CNET Editors' review
Book Hunter for Mac's excellent interface and helpful tutorial make it a good application for sorting and organizing a book collection. As users read more and more on their computers, smartphones, tablets, and with physical books at home, this type of application is becoming more useful.
After downloading and starting up, the free application brings the user into a tutorial, which links to the developer's Web page for more information. This help is not really needed since Book Hunter for Mac is easy to use. The main interface includes noticeable buttons for entering book information and creating separate lists for different types of materials. Clicking on the new book section brings up an additional window where its description and information can be entered. Users can also drag cover images into a window for inclusion, as well as mark the item read, unread, or in the process of being read. An auto-complete button also allows for retrieval of additional information from the Internet. This function works well and returns a number of metadata options for the materials entered, even with limited information. Users also can add borrowed books and ones that they want to purchase in the future.
Book Hunter for Mac works well and should be helpful for almost any level of Mac user.
Book Hunter is a free application for Mac OS X Leopard that catalogs, sorts, and organizes your book collection. To save your time Book Hunter can query online database and easily get all information about your favorite books.
What's new in this version: The last version of Hunter Suite fixed a few bugs with Moutain Lion and introduced support to sync with iPhone 5 and iPad 3.
More Products to Consider
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Read online print media content.
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- A simple recipe manager with customizable ingredients lists.
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- Cut truetype fonts with your cricut machine.
- Aqua-native GUI for MacPorts.
- Control how you wake up in the morning with this alarm clock so...
- Windows-like task bar for your Mac.
- Enhance Safari 6/7.
- Catalog, sort, organize your movie collection.
- Catalog, sort, organize your game collection.
- Simply opens a list of your favorite URLs.
- EBook reader for Mac.
- Catalog invoices & other types of documents.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 8 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"great inventory software"
Version: Book Hunter 1.2
Finds most books, using iSight or manually typing the ISBN.
Gotta work with it to find the various plug-ins.
I was going to give this software a "no stars" because I couldn't export a .csv or a .pdf export with pics. You have to go to the "options" for the .pdf preferences, and you MUST download the add-ons from the plug-in manager under "advanced". Thanks, just what I was looking for!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: