From Natara Software:
Bonsai is an outline-building application for organizing ideas, planning presentations and managing projects in a hierarchical outline. The application supports in place editing of multi-line outline text and allows you to mix 3 forms of outlines entries anywhere; outline, to do, and tasks. Rearrange the outline by dragging or cut and paste. Use icons for categories and keywords. Sort the outline by any of the attributes. Filter the outline using multiple attributes. Color outline by category, due date, priority and level.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Organize intuitively all your tasks.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Monitor and control your projects, while improving how you get ...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Manage your day to day tasks.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Plan projects, remember responsibilities, and record accomplish...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Organize the variety of your everyday tasks.
- Assign tasks and schedule your jobs, service items, punch lists...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Capture all of the tasks you have to complete in one place.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Synchronize your Outlook 2007 Calendar and Tasks.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Manage, plan, and schedule any project in only 30 minutes.
- Manage multiple projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Manage your customer, project, and task lists online.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Easy to use and VERY powerful - great software!!"
Version: Bonsai 5.0.3
intuitive and easy to use - ideal for project management as well as documentation and process checklists - very configurable based on your user prefs - great support from Natara - they have been in business quite a long time... unusual these days
I wish the notes for the outline items was capable of storing RTF (bold, underline, etc...). I also wish the import function was a little beefier, and could sync with Outlook for example.
This application is a truly incredible project manager - I used it at HP for documentating a monthly process that is over 700 lines long; this allows me to clear the checklist each month and walk through the process each time... truly a lifesaver.
I also use this application as a task / to-do manager; the user can turn a parent item in the outline into a task and the sub items as to-do's; checking off the to-do items shows the partial progress visually at the task level, so it is easy to see where you have items undone.
There is also a very powerful filtering engine, that allows the user to filter out specific kinds of entries.
One of the best features is the ability to add new items simply by pressing the ENTER key while on a specific item. This will create a new line where the user can type data in. If the user then presses the tab key, it will indent the item so that it is now a child item. This might sound simple, but there is no other software i have come across that does this type of thing at any price... the speed with which the user can create new items, indent them and outdent as needed, and add notes, is very fast.
In short, the application does what it is supposed to do, it does it easily and then gets out of your way so you spend less time fiddling with the application and more time actually getting things done.