From Sonora Graphics:
Battery Health Monitor is a free utility for PowerBook, iBook, and MacBook owners that monitors virtual all battery health parameters and displays them in an easy-to-read format.
Battery Health Monitor displays your battery's original capacity, current capacity, current charge, number of charge cycles and more!
What's new in this version: Dramatically improved compatibility with PowerBook G3 and G4 models using older version of Apple's battery update software.
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Battery information tool for MacBook/Pro/Air.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Shows color-coded battery status & charge.
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Warns of ATA drive failure before it happens.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Manually switch between Intel and NVIDIA GPUs on Core i5/i7 Mac...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Menu bar app that displays advanced information about the state...
- Disk Speed Test is an easy to use tool to quickly measure and c...
- See the important information about your MacBook's battery.
- Monitor your computer, from memory usage to Bluetooth status.
- Schedule and manage battery calibrations for MacBooks and MacBo...
- Place an alarm clock on your desktop and use your audio files a...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"It freezes, can't be force-quit, can't be deleted"
Version: Battery Health Monitor 1.5
It worked fine for a while.
But now it freezes and slows everything down, and I can't get rid of it.
Originally I used a menu item to have it start automatically, but there's no menu item to reverse this.
It doesn't appear in System Preferences in my Login items, so I can't turn it off there.
Now it's also invisible to the Finder: Command-tab doesn't show it, Force Quit doesn't show.
Finder won't let me trash it from the Applications folder because it's running.
I'm running this on a white MacBook, OS 10.7.5.
It's good, but don't make it start automatically! You'll never get rid of it.
"Works as advertised, can't beat the price."
Version: Battery Health Monitor 1.5
It gives me more in depth information on my battery than I ever knew. Well designed and easy to understand at a glance
You must remember to launch it every now and then. Should be called Battery Health Check, not monitor.
I first used Battery Health Monitor when my old battery didn't seem to be charging but the Apple battery monitor told me that the battery was "Normal". (Hold down the Option key and click on the battery monitor in your menu bar) The Battery Health Monitor app told me that my battery had used 679 charge cycles and that I had no battery life remaining. I later found out that Apple claims that I should only get about 300 charge cycles.
This is an occasionally useful and good looking app. Which seems appropriately priced. I mean no disrespect by my comment on the price but what would you pay for something that you might use for 10 seconds once or twice a year.
Although it tells you the current health of your battery, it doesn't do anything to improve or extend your battery health. It might be more useful if it could sit in my menubar and replace my current battery monitor. It would also be helpful if there was some kind of alert system to let you know if there is a problem, improper setting for the type of work I'm doing or that it soon won't hold a charge anymore.
So if you are buying a used laptop and want to negotiate the price based on battery health or if you want to know if it is time to put away a few bucks a week to buy a replacement battery soon this might be an invaluable tool. For the rest of us it is just a good looking curiosity.