From Advanced Batch Solutions:
BatchFileRenamer is a free application to rename multiple files in batch mode at once.
The most awesome features of the tool are:
- Renaming rules(actions). Entire workflow consist of a simple steps of adding so-called "processing rules". You focus
only at one rule at any moment. You shouldn't work with dozens of controls. You can change order of rules, turn off/on it and many other.
- Preview on fly. The constant monitoring of the renaming process. You constantly observe final file name
and can adjust rules for your needs. Hense user manages every step of
- Meta variables.Meta variable contain values about file itself like date of creation file, file size etc.At moment we added support of EXIF variables for photos and images(JPG/JPEG,PNG and many other files) and BITMAP information for any supported images.
- Conflicts' checking on fly. The application care about user and helps to him to eliminate errors. Every time you makes some adjustment the tool checks conflicts and informs user about if find somethinsg wrong.
There are some common cases application used for:
- Add text to end of filename;
- Add counter to file name: 01_IMG.JPG,02_IMG.JPG;
- Replace some string with another text;
- Remove some string in filename;
- Remove few letters in start of filename;
- Add EXIF resolution information in filename: 72x72_01_IMG.JPG;
- Add some image(BITMAP) information in filename like width and height: 1600x1200_my holiday 01.JPG;
- Change all letters in filename to UPPER CASE.
Mission: The main idea of was to split down the whole batch renaming process into small pieces (the principle of divide and rule) and allow user deal with only one instrument of renaming at any moment. Therefore is achieved transparency of yours work.
What will you choose: either a program with screen with dozens of processing elements(controls) which dazzle your eyes, or tool based on small blocks with much less count of elements? I think the answer is obvious.
What's new in this version:
- Added support of metavariables: EXIF, Image information. Now you can use Image's tags and EXIF's tags in filename
- Added new dialog to manage metavariables. Now user can easy insert needed metavariables in supported controls
- Added help tips for metavariables in the metavariable dialog manager
- Improved UI layout. Now controls are growing and adjusting to the content in itself