Ashampoo Snap lets users take screenshots of Web pages, specific selections, or even entire desktops using its simple capture bar. Once captures are created, you can make changes such as adding elements, resizing, or rotating through an image editor. Snap 6 also allows for video and audio recording (via microphone), making production of video screencasts a cinch. Time-lapse video and interval snapshot features are other useful tools in creating video tutorials.
The latest edition of Ashampoo Snap, version 6, has added a multitude of features that have flesh out the screenshot program, but there are still some unaddressed issues from the last version--the overabundant pop-ups are still too much. Meant to "guide" new users, they end up feeling like a forced tutorial, especially if you already know what you are doing. For first-time users, the huge sets of instruction will no doubt be overwhelming.
There are also several positive changes: the capture bar can now be placed at a less obtrusive Top-Right position of the screen to prevent accidental captures; the new Color Picker feature is a welcome addition for image editors--you can now select color on your screenshot or anywhere on you desktop for editing or export to use on other editors like Adobe Photoshop; and MultiShot lets you take multiple screen caps in a row before editing--a great feature if you need to take shots of different windows.
The addition of instant uploading onto YouTube/Facebook and email is a boon to users working heavily with social media. Screenshots and videos can be directly uploaded to said sharing sites with a button click. However, be warned that there is no confirmation after the Share button is clicked, and the Save-to-File icon is right next to the Facebook/Youtube icon. One click that misses by a few inches could result in possibly embarrassing oversharing.
Ashampoo Snap 6 is available as 10-day trial and can be bumped to 40 days if you request a promotional code. The full version sells for $19.99. We recommend it to any users with who want to create and customize images and videos from their desktop.
Ashampoo Snap 7 turns capturing screenshots and videos into a smoother experience than ever before. Less complexity, a smarter workflow, more creative freedom and enhanced sharing capabilities. Capture images and videos right from your screen in seconds and with pixel precision, illustrate your screenshots with texts, notes, hints, arrows, shapes and stamps and share your work with others at the click of a button. Ashampoo Snap 7 is the ideal solution to capture, illustrate and share your viewing experience.Highlights:
- - Visually intuitive and seamless workflow with 1-click operations
- - Capture, annotate, illustrate and share your images
- - Add texts, notes, hints, arrows, shapes and stamps
- - Draw freely with the pencil tool
- - Use the marker or spotlight tool to emphasize image elements
- - Work with different color and font styles and apply gradients
- - Save to common image formats or JXR and PSD with layers for further processing, e.g. with Adobe Photoshop
- - Create PDFs without extra tools
- - Upload to Ashampoo Webspace with video support and share unique internet links
- - Upload to Facebook, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft Sky Drive
- - Work with browser-based email clients such as Google Mail, Yahoo Mail and Mail.ru.
What's new in this version:
- -improved Ashampoo webspace
- -generally minor bugfixes