Welcome to Darwin Streaming Server, the open source version of Apple's QuickTime Streaming Server technology that allows you to send streaming media to clients across the Internet using the industry standard RTP and RTSP protocols. Based on the same code base as QuickTime Streaming Server, Darwin Streaming Server provides a high level of customizability and runs on a variety of platforms allowing you to manipulate the code to fit your needs.
What's new in this version:
- DSS now builds and runs 64-bit on Mac OS X
- The example Authorization module has been updated. Source code is available in: APIModules/QTSSDemoAuthorizationModule.bproj
- The example Spam Defense module has been updated. Source code is available in: APIModules/QTSSSpamDefenseModule.bproj
- An example RTSP redirect module has been included Source code is available in: APIModules/QTSSDemoRedirectModule.bproj Example modules are installed into: (MacOS X): /Library/Quic... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Tests your server for hardware issues.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Stream QT media on sites.
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...
- Web server log analyzer.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Command-line file transfer tool.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Only works on Leopard, so useless for me."
Version: Apple Darwin Streaming Server 6.0.3
Nothing at all.
It did not work.
See above. Typical Apple using a free upgrade to force expensive upgrades that are not otherwise required. I'll manage without Apple's by using Shareware on a PC. PCs may not be best, but they are hugely more economically cost effective when you start rolling in all these attempted incremental post purchase revenue nibbles.