CNET Editors' review
Alive Text to Speech is an easy-to-use program that lets users hear text on their computer spoken aloud, as well as convert text files into audio files. It's nothing fancy, but for users who want or need to hear text spoken aloud, Alive Text to Speech is a simple way to get that done.
The program's interface is quite basic, consisting mostly of a few buttons that represent the program's major features. Having the program speak text aloud is quite simple; users need only highlight the desired text and press Control-C. This can be done in any application, including Web browsers, Microsoft Word, and any other program that contains text. The program reads the selected text aloud using the default voice, Microsoft Sam. We personally find Sam a little annoying, and we're glad that the program allows users to download other voices from the Internet. The application also has settings that allow users to adjust the voice's rate and volume. In addition to the text reading feature, Alive Text to Speech also converts text files to MP3, OGG, and WAV files, making it easy for users to take their audio on the go. The program's built-in Help file is brief but adequate. Overall, we found Alive Text to Speech extremely easy to use, and we think it's a great choice for both reading text aloud on a computer or creating text-to-speech audio files.
Alive Text to Speech has a 20-day trial period, which is plenty of time to evaluate its features. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Alive Text to Speech is a Text to Speech Reader and Text to Voice files Converter, it can read Text in any application, and convert Text to MP3, WAV, OGG or VOX files.
Alive Text to Speech lets you listen to the Text in Emails, web pages, news articles, PDF, Word or Excel Documents,etc. Just highlight the Text your want to hear, and then press Ctrl + C to hear it.
More Products to Consider
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Choose from 18 voices and listen to the texts or their translat...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Turn text into spoken audio and convert documents into MP3 file...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Play your favorite audio and video files on PC.
- Convert between CUE sheet format files.
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Search for and find required audio files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Read text aloud and save the spoken speech as mp3 and wav audio...
- Convert any text into voice and MP3 or WMA for PC or download t...
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Enrich your VSTi library with an additive synthesizer.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Optimize, tweak, fix and clean up your Windows 7.
- It meets all your needs for audio editing.
- Play music using skinnable software audio player.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It does as advertised."
Version: Alive Text to Speech 220.127.116.11
Couldn't be easier to use.
I would like to have a human voice, The speech is not as smooth as I would like, some words are mispronounced.
It's a good entry level product that is easy for anyone to install and use.