CNET Editors' review
General aviation pilots can use Aircraft Weight and Balance to check their aircraft before takeoff. It takes into account the weight of the pilot, the plane's oil and fuel, plus the weight of any front or rear passengers and their baggage. The program has presets for one actual aircraft plus two dummy presets. Users can edit the program's INI file to input data for their specific planes.
The program's interface is basic but functional, and pilots will understand it easily. The first question we had when we opened the program was how to make a preset for a specific plane. There's a good Help file with step-by-step instructions to personalize the program by updating the INI file with your own plane's data. We examined the data for the software's preset aircraft, a Cessna 172N/1980. We tried increasing the weight input for the pilot and baggage, and the program informed us when the weight was too excessive for the plane to operate safely. This information would be very important for any pilot. The program offers other useful information for pilots, such as torque readings and a graph displaying the aircraft's moment envelope.
Novice computer users might find it too difficult to configure this program for their personal use, but the instructions provided in the Help file should be sufficient for more-experienced users. Aircraft Weight and Balance installs and uninstalls with no problems, and it's free. It would be a useful addition to any small aircraft pilot's usual preflight safety check.
The software calculates the weight and balance problem of any light aircraft. Check for maximum weight of each item, maximum total weights and fit with the moment envelope. It is freeware with fully editable configuration file. You can add any plane to the software.
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Get robust, feature-rich, user-friendly electronic logbook for ...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Protect democracy from communist invasion in this vertical shoo...
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Lead a small airplane from WWI to destroy your enemy airplane.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Act as a pilot and take the first prize in the air-racing compe...
- Fly airplane, shoot your enemies, and reach finish line.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Watch paper airplanes fly through tranquil backgrounds.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Take on the role of aircraft pilot and accomplish all military ...
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Fly a F/A-18 as Maverick, an insubordinate showboating fighter ...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Rule the skies in this WWII multiplayer flight game.
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Fight in various places in diverse conditions accomplishing you...
- Place images of various U.S. Navy fleets on your desktop screen...