CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Air Attack HD is a vertically scrolling "shmup" (shoot-'em-up game) that pays homage to old-school airplane adventure games like 1942 and Aero Fighters. In it, your mission is to fly through different stages and obliterate hordes of enemies, both in the air and on land.
In Air Attack, you choose one of two unique airplanes and make your way through eight challenging missions. Each airplane is equipped with a different default cannon, and both are capable of dropping crater-making bombs. To upgrade your arsenal, destroy enemies carrying power-ups or purchase add-ons in the shop. These upgrades can alter the strength and spread of your weapons, and they make the game a heck of a lot more fun.
The controls of Air Attack HD are surprisingly easy to grasp. Choose from four different modes: Touch, Relative Touch, Tilt, and Joypad. We found Relative Touch to be the best, while Tilt was rather difficult to use.
As its name suggests, Air Attack HD features a high-quality visual experience with a 3D look and feel. This, coupled with some fantastic orchestral music, makes for a highly immersive environment that really sucks you into the game. That said, such graphics do require your mobile device to do some heavy lifting, which is not so good for your battery life.
Air Attack HD is available in the Android Market in three different forms: Part 1 lets you access the first three stages of the game, and comes free of charge; Part 2 costs $1.95 and opens up the other five stages; and the full version combines both parts into a single download and costs $2.94. If you're into vertically scrolling shooters, or are just a fan of fighter jet warfare in general, we highly recommend Air Attack HD.
From Art In Games:
Air Attack HD is Award Winning next-generation top down air combat shooter with stunning 3D graphics alongside great audio, effects, and awesome gameplay. Part 1 includes three great missions, two unique planes, numerous upgrades, and realtime physics.
What's new in this version: Version 1.7.2 fixed issues with HTC sensation, HTC Evo 3D, and Samsung Galaxy S II.
More Products to Consider
- Take to the skies and shoot down enemy planes.
- Take to the skies and combat enemy planes on your Android devic...
- A delicious and addictive puzzle adventure with hundreds of lev...
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- A race with your furry friends!.
- Guide your paper plane as you annihilate the evil doodles in yo...
- Tired of typing logos name? Try this Logo Quiz Plus and select ...
- Fly through 8 levels and defeat waves of enemies.
- Experience the drama, intensity and excitement of World Cup Cri...
- Destroy aliens, upgrade your ship, and shoot'em up!.
- Save the bugs from the Greedy Spiders!.
- Fun and addictive Match-3 game!Another classic Match-3 game lau...
- Avoid mobile radiation in real-time with tawkon. tawkon monitor...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Social goggles for the real world.
- Fingerprint Lock Screen is a free Customizable Fingerprint Scan...
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- Use your Netflix account to access streaming movies and TV Show...
- Play SlenderMan LIVE!.
- Zombie Dash combines the timeless appeal of arcade games with s...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content