CNET Editors' review
Famatech's Advanced IP Scanner is a free tool that scans your LAN or Wi-Fi network and provides information about the computers connected to it. Advanced IP Scanner is designed to work closely with the developer's Radmin remote administration software, which adds capabilities. But this simple utility is capable enough to use as a standalone network scanner and robust enough for net admins and other advanced users. It does more than scan and identify the Windows PCs on your network. For example, it can shut down networked computers remotely, and also wake them, if their network cards support the Wake-on-LAN (WOL) standard. You can choose to scan your entire network with Advanced IP Scanner or just those machines you add to your Favorites list. Recent upgrades to the program include Unicode character support and Windows 8 compatibility.
We installed Advanced IP Scanner on the machine hosting our Wi-Fi router. A simple and clean user interface is dominated by a large green Scan button and a main window tabbed for Results and Favorites. We could also access our router's log-on data. Subnet and Class "C" scanner buttons on the toolbar let us focus our scans, and we could also shut down PCs remotely and send wake-up packets. Advanced IP Scanner's Web-based Help resources include a 3-minute video tutorial as well as a manual with screenshots.
We pressed Scan, and Advanced IP Scanner started scanning our Ethernet and Wi-Fi LANs. The program began to return results as it detected each machine on our small local network, correctly identifying first the wired and then the wireless connections. In the Results tab, Advanced IP Scanner displayed the Status, Name, IP, Manufacturer, and MAC Address of each computer, with multiple Users shown in subfolders. We could drag the column headings to rearrange them or click them to rotate the search results; while many users might take such simple sorting options for granted, they're essential to pros. Whether you use it with Radmin or by itself, Advanced IP Scanner can provide useful information about the health and status of your network and the Windows PCs connected to it.
Advanced IP Scanner 2.3 is a free, fast and powerful network scanner with a user-friendly interface. In a matter of seconds, Advanced IP Scanner can locate all the computers on your wired or wireless local network and conduct a scan of their ports. The program provides easy access to various network resources, such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and shared folders. It also enables you to detect all the IP addresses on your Wi-Fi network. The remote PC shutdown feature lets you shut down any remote computer or group of computers running Windows. You can also wake these machines up remotely using Advanced IP Scanner, if their network cards support the Wake-On-LAN function. You can scan RDP resources and access them directly from the program and as well as to run ping, tracert, and SSH commands on a selected computer. It is also possible to launch the program directly from the installer with no manual installation required. Advanced IP Scanner 2.3 and Radmin remote control software are deeply integrated. IP Scanner lets you scan your network, find all computers running Radmin Server, and connect to any one of them with one click. The free Radmin Viewer needs to be installed on your PC for you to access a remote machine running Radmin Server. With Radmin, you can access the remote PC in Full Control, File Transfer, and Telnet modes. For simpler batch operations on a subset of computers, you can add machines to a list of Favorites. Advanced IP Scanner will automatically load the list at startup. You can choose whether to scan your entire network or just the computers in Favorites list. You are also able to save your Favorites list for scanning purposes and other operations.
What's new in this version: Version 2.3.2161 scans RDP resources and to access them directly from the program. Runs ping, tracert and SSH commands on a selected computer. The program can be launched directly from the installer. New languages (Chinese, Japanese) have been added. Other minor bugs have been fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Learn about networking particularly in TCP/IP protocol.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Find out names, IPs, MAC addresses, and NIC manufacturers of co...
- Calculate your subnet configuration.
- Monitor available computer and server services.
- Share one or more Internet connections of any type with PCs on ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- View desktop remotely and control all activities of computer us...
- Synchronize your PC's system clock or all PC's system clock in ...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Scan, reroute, and collect packets from your local network.
- Perform remote administration of client computers in a network.
- Detect and track Internet traffic and network activities.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 64 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"I had hoped for better"
Version: Advanced IP Scanner 2.3.2161
that its free and its available on Ur pc as program.
Easy to work with
I often meet someone ..for instance in yahoo mail ..where I would like to check if they are scammers.
It could not deal with those tree I tried to check out.
So I ended up seeking Ip on net anyway,,
feels like a bit of waist
"Very Useful tool"
Version: Advanced IP Scanner 2.3.2161
Exactly what I wanted
None so far.