CNET Editors' review
Advanced CSV Converter is an easy way to convert CSV files into a variety of other formats. Although its basic features are simple enough for anyone to use, it also contains more advanced features for people who are more comfortable working with this type of conversion.
The program's interface is sleek and intuitive, with a wizard-style dialogue that takes people through the process of selecting and converting a file. Users can start with a CSV or text file and convert it to a variety of other formats, including Dbase, HTML, Excel, SQL, and more. Users are able to specify a delimiter and sort and filter their results. The program processes the conversion quickly and can optionally display the results for immediate viewing. Our only quibble with the program is that it closes itself after completing a conversion, which is annoying when you're trying to perform multiple conversions. This is a fairly minor complaint, though. The built-in Help file is brief and definitely assumes some familiarity with CSV file conversions. Some of the more advanced features, such as the command-line utility, are definitely meant for experienced users, and the Help file offers almost no explanation. We wish that the program were a bit more conducive to learning these functions, but overall, we like that it holds appeal for users of all levels.
Advanced CSV is free to try, but the trial version only converts 50 records at a time. The program installs desktop icons without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
Advanced CSV Converter is a versatile yet easy-to-use conversion program. It has a familiar Wizard-like interface but can also be used as a command-line utility for batch file processing. Advanced CSV Converter supports all the modern data interchange formats, such as XLS, DBF, SQL, HTML, RTF, and PRG. You can even convert your CSV file into a SQL script. The program builds a sample data record allowing you to build filtering rules.
What's new in this version: Version 4.25:
- Added conversion to UTF-8 format
More Products to Consider
- Convert DBF files to MS Excel, XML, SQL, HTML, and CSV formats.
- Convert files between Excel, CSV, TXT, and XML formats.
- Create, view, edit, export, and import DBF databases to other f...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Carry out your writing work while having access to multiple doc...
- Read and write data in different formats.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert Excel files to DBF, TXT, HTML, XML, CSV, and SQL format...
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Convert Excel files into text, HTML, CSV, MDB, or DBF formats.
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Repair corrupted or damaged DBF files on your PC.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Install, uninstall, and organize programs and remove unnecessar...
- Convert CSV, TXT or Excel files to OFX format and import into M...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Great Product and Fantastic Support!"
Version: Advanced CSV Converter 3.85
- Does what it says and does it quickly
- Very simple, intuitive interface
- Ability to sort on any CSV column
- Ability to exclude CSV columns from XML file
- Received responsive, polite help with application
- None that I've found for what I use it for
I needed to convert a 60,000 record CSV file to XML for a website and chose Advanced CSV Converter for the value and ratings. Using a Windows 7 netbook with 4 GB of RAM it took 11 seconds to convert the file, and my PHP SimpleXMLElement program reads the file just fine.
I emailed questions about the software and received a quick response from the support team. They even made a few tweaks to the program to make operation more clear.
"Great CSV To XLS Conversion"
Version: Advanced CSV Converter 3.65
Easy to use. Great command line interface. Very quick support and changes. Other vendors could learn from these people.
None its not free but its so cheap who cares
Great product would recommend
"Worth purchasing for the dbf file conversion"
Version: Advanced CSV Converter 3.15
Microsoft products no longer export dbf files. This tool fills the gap. Analyze data before converting automatically creates field lengths based on the longest string of data in each data column. Import dbf into Access w/o configuring each field size
none come to mind
Product is fast, light on resources, and simple. The company has continued to upgrade the product over the years without additional charge. As a person who often converts between multiple database file formats, this software has made my life much easier. If you have similar needs, I highly recommend it.
"Intelligent conversion of CSV to multiple db file types"
Version: Advanced CSV Converter 2.89
Easy to use. Quickly converts files. Intelligent conversion to multiple file formats.
it was not free
This software is simple to use and is an excellent solution to Microsoft removing support for dbase (dbf) files. This software has an option to analyze data to determine optimal field lengths before conversion (no more lengthy MS Access fields on import!). I usually search for free programs, but this one exceeded expectations and was well worth purchasing.