From Adobe Systems:
Adobe InDesign CS5.5 software lets you design and preflight engaging page layouts for print or digital distribution with built-in creative tools and precise control over typography. Integrate interactivity, video, and audio for playback on tablets, smartphones, and computers.
What's new in this version:
- Interactive documents and presentations--Add interactivity, motion, sound, and video to documents and presentations, exporting directly to SWF for playback in the Adobe Flash Player runtime. Simplified object selection and editing--Perform repetitive layout tasks efficiently using new and enhanced tools and on-object controls. Integration with Adobe CS Review--Create and share reviews online while working in InDesign with Adobe CS Review, part of CS Live online services. See fe... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create and deliver rich multimedia and dynamic Internet apps.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Explore new paths with this vector-graphics tool.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Create motion graphics and visual effects.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based Web sites and app...
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Capture, edit, and deliver video online, on air, on disc, and o...
- Create and publish compelling materials for print, the Web, e-r...
- Convert PDF files to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Lay out your structured and repetitive documents.
- Write PDF documents from any application.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Create digital magazines and e-books for any device in minutes.
- Convert PDF to most applications.
- Choose one of these editable e-book covers and make it your own...
- Deliver innovative ideas in print, Web, and mobile design.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 22 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It is only meant for what it does well"
Version: Adobe InDesign CS5.5
Publish to PDF
Great controls on typography
Good for arrangement of layout for different paper sizes and format
Its not meant for interactivity
- Don't have Hue/Saturation/Lightness control
- Cannot key in WEB color hex codes
- Buttons and other forms of interactivity are best leave for other programs. They did it much better.
- Slow in performance
It is definitely not a replacement for any interactive tools.
If Adobe wants inDesign to be more capable, make it more user-friendly, instead of adding features which other programs are better in doing.