CNET Editors' review
Actual Title Buttons aims to help users shuffle through their open windows. With a subtle interface and effective results, the only question is whether it actually improves upon Windows' own window management features.
Users may not notice this program immediately since it embeds itself in all open windows along the upper right corner where commands for closing, minimizing, and expanding a window normally hide. This program mimics those icons, but offers several more choices. Holding the cursor over each box easily reveals its function and should soon become intuitive to users after trying them out. While the program features a Users' Manual, we feel all level of computer user should be able to jump into Actual Title Buttons. The program's command buttons allow you to roll up a window (erasing everything but the title bar), adjust the transparency, prioritize windows, minimize, and close. All of the buttons worked quickly and effectively. However, we didn't see them improving most users' experiences with juggling open windows, since their functions aren't that much more radical than what Windows already offers.
The program does come with a more than ample 60-day trial period. If you find yourself constantly frustrated by the limitations of your windows this is a good download, otherwise we would advise users to stick with their original program.
From Actual Tools:
Actual Title Buttons is the window management tool which offers extended window manipulation capabilities by adding new buttons to a window caption. Features include making any window semi-transparent, rolling windows up, minimizing any window to Windows notification area, making any window always-on-top, resizing any window to most appropriate size, placing any window to most appropriate position, changing window's program priority, move any window between monitors in a multi-monitor system, copy to clipboard window contents, and paste clipboard contents to any window. You can add different buttons on title bar to use these features.
What's new in this version: Version 8.0.1 has fixed error where uninstallation did not work because of the "DLL not found" error.
More Products to Consider
- Minimize any desktop window to tray by various means.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Extend window's caption buttons.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Manage and enhance windows on your desktop.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Add a Firefox button that starts a new Windows Live Writer blog...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Automatically minimize any application to the Windows tray.
- Minimize any application you want to system tray.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Monitor World Top 100 Rating.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Free space on your taskbar by minimizing windows to icons in yo...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Jump between windows on your desktop using hot keys.
- Minimize applications as System Tray icons to free up desktop s...
- Monitor your personal computer's CPU usage.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Work well, but all I wanted was the stay on top feature"
Version: Actual Title Buttons 5.1
Makes window stay on top with a button
Has features I don't need
It does what it was designed to do, has an attractive interface, easy to use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: