CNET Editors' review
With AceMoney Lite, one can easily organize and track spending, build budgets, track investment performance, set up payment reminders and recurring bill payments, create reports and pie charts, and so much more, for free.
The program has an eye-friendly interface that is also fairly intuitive to use. To begin, just open the application, click on the account button for your one account, and provide all of the particulars as prompted. Once your account is set, you can manage your budget and set up categories from a very long list of possibilities, which is helpful for reporting how you are saving or spending money. (You can also name your own category, which seems to work best if you just edit the name of an existing category you don't plan to ever need instead of trying to figure out how to set a completely new category.) In some cases, you will automatically be taken to Yahoo Finance for information, where the information may or may not automatically repopulate your field in AceMoney Lite. You will need to consult the many Help menus to determine what is automatic and not, and how to make it so in the easiest way possible.
Although AceMoney Lite enjoys all of the features of the nonlite AceMoney, its disadvantage is that it is truly "lite" in that you can only manage one account. But for that one account, AceMoney Lite rivals well known (and often pricey) financial management programs in function and style, and is fairly easy to use, conserves your computer's resources, and steers well clear of pesky adware.
From MechCAD Software:
AceMoney Lite is a freeware personal finance manager. It has all the features of its big brother except multiple accounts management. As AceMoney, AceMoney Lite helps people organize and manage their personal finances quickly and easily. It supports all the features required for home or even small-business accounting needs.
What's new in this version: Version 4.35 fixed download issue with Yahoo stock prices.
More Products to Consider
- Organize and manage your personal finances.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Analyze your income and expenses, and keep your finances in goo...
- Give your Web site visitors an opportunity to calculate mortgag...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Manage loan payments with various features.
- Manage your finances quickly and easily, plan your budget.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Calculate amortizations, APR, payments.
- Manage your personal finances, balance budgets, and view report...
- Perform multiple mortgage calculations, compile reports, and tr...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your household and personal budget.
- Limit usage on your PC.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Manage your personal finances (cash money, accounts, credit car...
- Monitor your spendings and generate reports of your budget.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 161 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Dressed up Excel not user friendly."
Version: AceMoney Lite 4.35
Not user friendly.
"Nice program for basic checking"
Version: AceMoney Lite 4.35
Easy to set up and enter transactions.
Careful making transaction entries. I entered a deposit and followed up with a check transaction. Oops! Forgot to reset transaction type to "Withdrawal." Entry was recorded as a deposit instead of a withdrawal. Didn't catch the error until I tried reconciling the account when my statement arrived. Would like to see the transaction default to Withdrawal after a deposit is made.
Other than that, Ace Money is a nice program for one that does not do banking on line.
Sigh.... I really miss my old check program, Microsoft Money, no longer in offered for Windows 7.