CNET Editors' review
ATP Player provides a basic set of tools for viewing video and pictures. With a very focused setup, this program is welcoming for users of all skill levels.
We were impressed by the interface's sleek layout, which made its basic functions simple to understand and navigate. We did need the Help file's instructions to build playlists, but a little research pointed us in the right direction. The program provides a simple onscreen file tree to navigate through when seeking out videos and photos to view. You simply click on the item you want to view, and it plays on a simple screen that you can start and stop easily. The picture and sound quality were crisp but no better than that offered by typical viewing software. ATP Player's strongest element was its Playlist feature. This Wizard-like program lets you pluck images and videos from the file tree and create a customized lineup that can be viewed back-to-back and even looped. This saves time, especially for frequently watched videos. Overall, this program was all right; nothing was glaringly wrong with it, but nothing knocked us out, either. It was steady and practical, which is nothing to be ashamed of.
ATP Player is a freeware player. It installs desktop icons without permission. Since this was such a simple, well-balanced viewer, we recommend this program.
From PIMEX Group:
ATP Player is a slick and simple all-in-one solution for viewing videos and photo slideshows. With built-in video and audio codecs ATP Player will play MOV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, DivX, Xvid, and other video formats. Whether the files are on a hard drive or on a flash memory chip, quickly find them with the familiar, explorer-like file browser. Select multiple photo and video files, or even folders. Create a playlist simply by pressing a button and enjoy gap-free playback as a single video, slide show or both, in a windowed or full-screen mode. With ATP Player you can browse through a playlist manually, viewing one video frame at a time, and save your favorite frames as JPEG files. You can also rotate photos, copy and delete files, save and load playlists, and use various sorting and filtering options. Portable copy of ATP Player can be installed on a thumb drive or a digital camera memory chip so you can play your videos on any computer.
Version 1.5 supports FLV and Xvid formats.
What's new in this version: Added support of FLV and Xvid formats
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Simply drag & drop, add cool effect to make fancy slideshows.
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Watch numerous of international TV channels on your PC.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Play DVD, VOB, IFO, AVI, FLV, and over 30 media formats.
- Download clips from video sites.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Scan your system for report on existing software and hardware.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Combine video clips into one large movie file.
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Download Internet video content for watching online or offline.
- Split, join, and convert video files.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Good for reviewing security video"
Version: ATP Player 1.5
- Easy to use interface
- Simple file tree
- Fast browsing of videos
- Doesn't play next file automatically in normal tree mode
- No skip to next file while playing
- Tree is a little busy if you have a lot of files and folders
This is a good, fast browser for videos. I use it to view security videos from my Logitech Alert camera system.
Some ideas to make it better.
- Add continuous play (play next file automatically)
- Add skip to next file while playing
- Allow tree to show just a single directory (user select default)
- Allow different size fonts in tree
"Not was looking for."
Version: ATP Player 1.5
No pros to speak of.
Simply not the program I was looking for.
"Best there is."
Version: ATP Player 1.5
This baby plays everything I have, and that's including all my photos - It's just a superconvenient and very lightweight little app.
none i can think of