CNET Editors' reviewThough it's no speed demon, this video converter won us over with its versatility and convenient interface. The nothing-fancy design basically consists of a big file list, making 1st Video Converter especially suitable for batch conversions. It converts files between the AVI format and various flavors of MPEG and also can transform videos into the SWF format. We wish it supported a wider range of formats, but we were pleasantly surprised to discover it can generate a video file from still images. You also can select frame rate and resolution. Besides converting files, 1st Video Converter works as a standalone video burner. Due to that extra functionality, we can recommend this utility to users who regularly work with MPEG and AVI files.
From 1st benison:
1st Video Converter supports AVI conversion to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DVD, SWF, VCD, and SVCD. You can change the codec or system type, including PAL to NTSC and DivX to Cinepak. You can export your movie as a sequence of pictures, encode your pictures as a movie, or combine smaller movies into a bigger one. You can import from and save to AVI files with DivX video and MP3 audio. AC3 audio format also is supported. With the built-in blending engine, an alpha channel (transparency) for softer blending and anti-aliasing are supported. It also supports the MPEG-2 DirectShow filter if installed.
Ver 6.0.1 supports SWF(Macromedia Flash File) format.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Join, split, and convert video files and extract soundtracks an...
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Multimedia application converter.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert DVD files into Zune format.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Convert M2TS file to popular video and audio formats.
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Converts Flash (.swf) files to AVI, MPEG and MP4 videos.
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Convert MP3, CD audio into cell phone and iphone ringtone forma...
- Convert all audio files.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent conversions, interface needs a lot of work"
Version: 1st Video Converter 6.0.1
Compared to another program I tried, this one did a great job of converting my avi files to mpeg. The interface is clean and fairly easy to work with.
I can't find anyway to select a large number of files and convert them all at once (as opposed to combining them all into one file), so you have to work with one file at a time.
There's a need to be able to change default values. I have to reset the values I want for each file.
The program crashed and closed down Windows the first time I used it - after paying the registration fee.
There's a lot of minor tweaking needed on the interface. For example, the progress bar stays at 100% when it's done, making you wonder whether it really is done or not.
The program insists on adding _vc to the file name. There is a way to change it, but it's clunky at best.
My feeling is that a person can probably find a program that will do as well, for the same money, and with more elegance.