Printfil allows printing from DOS, Unix, Linux, host programs to any Windows printer, including USB, GDI, network printers, IP, fax printers and PDF writers, without changes to the original applications.
Printfil can capture data sent to one or more parallel ports (PRN: , LPT1:-LPT9:), serial (COM1:-COM9:), or disk files, and automatically redirect print jobs to any Windows printer, even if it's physically connected to the captured port and/or a USB printer, with no COM/LPT ports physically installed on your PC.
it also allows:
- include logos or other images stored in separate files
- use specialist windows fonts (barcodes, for example) as well as normal characters
- colorize the text
- preview printing
- print to ANY printer installed on the Windows Control Panel, including USB, GDI, Windows-only and Virtual printers
- print A4 landscape sheets in place of printing on dot-matrix 136-columns printers
- send DOS print jobs via fax by using any third-party fax software which acts like a printer - eg. Microsoft Fax, or a multifunction - all-in-one - printer
- export print jobs in PDF format, even with encryption and password protection, and send them via e-mail by using your own e-mail client program or a SMTP server, with or without user intervention.
- use a single, customizable set of escape sequences for ALL printers, regardless of make, model and emulation provided (if any, as for GDI printers)
- print complex jobs to legacy printers in RAW mode (graphs, drawings) and FAST print on matrix printers (like in the DOS age)
- archive a copy of all the captured jobs
- print to multiple printers simultaneously
All this without changes to your applications