Rhapsody's Android app lets you listen to music streamed from Rhapsody's huge online library on your phone or tablet. The app is free, but you'll need a Rhapsody subscription to listen to songs for more than 30 seconds. A pioneer of online music, Rhapsody has responded to growing competition with high-quality mobile streaming and multiple subscription options.
Large library: Rhapsody was one of the first music streaming services and has tens of millions of songs covering many different genres in its library.
High-quality streaming: A slider in the Settings changes the app's bit rate from Low (64kbps) to High (320kbps) for high-quality (but resource-hungry) playback (when available).
Infinite skips & no ads: The subscription-based service means no ads, and you can skip over any tune you don't want to hear.
Three-tier pricing: Rhapsody offers three subscription options that are generally competitive with similar services. T-Mobile customers can get discount rates.
PIN pain: Registering or verifying an account via the Android app is more frustrating than it should be. Signing up through the Web portal and Facebook worked much better.
No free radio: You can listen to 30-second clips for free, but a subscription is required to play full songs.
We liked the sound of the tunes Rhapsody streamed to our headphones, but other music-streaming services beat in user experience. If you already use Rhapsody, the Android app is best for mobile use. But try before you subscribe: Musical tastes and other factors could tip your decision one way or another.
Get access to our bleeding edge app versions and provide valuable feedback to our developent team.
Become a BETA tester today!: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.rhapsody
- Easily explore new and popular music! New explore screen allows you to discover what's new and trending in the music world. You'll still be able to find content that is personalized for you on the Home screen.
- Improved layout of My Music screen
- Introducing filtering of fully downloaded albums
Stream music on-demand, download music for offline playback, and create playlists of your favorite songs.
Subscribe to Napster's 30 day free trial today and gain access to over 30+ millions songs. Paid subscription required after trial.
To support the creative, vibrant musician community, after your 30 day free trial period Napster charges a monthly fee. There's no commitment--cancel anytime on web or mobile. We love artists.
How does Napster work?
- Napster is Ad free. Listen to your favorite music without interruption.
- Download unlimited songs and playlists right to your phone or tablet to play offline; listen anywhere, anytime
- Stream music with your account to hundreds of compatible devices with iOS, Android, and Windows. And audio hardware including Sonos, Wii U, Chromecast, Denon, etc.
- Find new music you love through similar listening tastes of fellow Napster users around the world with our global Listener Network technology
Looking for Rhapsody? Rhapsody is now Napster.
Connect with Napster
Visit Us: http://www.napster.com
Follow Us: http://twitter.com/napster
Like Us: http://facebook.com/napster