Coach 7 is a Learning and Authoring Environment designed for STEM Education.
This version of Coach 7 is only suitable for users with a valid Coach 7 Tablet Site License. You can install the Coach 7 App for free but you need the License Code (not for free) to be able to work with it. Contact CMA to purchase the Site License.
Coach 7 offers tools to measure with interfaces and sensors, to make video or image analysis, to create dynamical models, to process and analyse data, and to compare results of real measurements with results generated by models. Coach 7 is a highly useful tool, which can be used by teachers and students, in school, college and at home.
Coach 7 Activities are fully compatible with activities made in Coach 7 on other platforms. No matter what the mix of technology is in the classroom or the school, all users share the same user experience.
The Measurement Activities enable you to measure with:
- VinciLab wireless via Wi-Fi.
- Sense, Lab, CLAB and CoachLab II+ via a USB port. For connecting an interface a Micro USB OTG hub or cable is required
- an internal accelerometer.
The Data Video Activities enable you to make measurements on digital video clips to analyze motion of objects and measurements on still images to analyze shapes of objects. Such Activities bring real world into your classroom and allow analyzing attractive events and experiments that are impossible to perform in the classroom.
The Modeling Activities enable you to use ready-to-go models or to create models of dynamic changing systems. In such models the evolution of a system is computed step by step. Modeling allows solving realistic problems that are difficult to solve analytically. It helps students to understand the world of computational models; such models are used today in every area of research and industry.
Key Features General
- Multilingual user interface
- Tutorial Activities to learn how to work with Coach
- Many ready-to-go CMA Activities for Biology, Chemistry and Physics available via the Download menu option
- Sharing Activities with other Apps e.g. Mail
Key Features Measurement
- Measure and record data with VinciLab (wireless via Wi-Fi), Sense, Lab, CLAB and CoachLab II+ (via the USB), an internal accelerometer
- Time-base, Event-base and manual measurements
- Automatic triggering of measurements
- Sensor recognition
- Sensor calibration
Key Features Video and Image Analysis
- Capture a video/make a photo using the built-in camera, choose a video/photo from your Photo/Video Library, or use one of our Activities with an included video/image
- Edit video (cut, adjust, flip)
- Scale the video/image
- Track objects (up to 8 objects) manually or automatically
- Correct perspective distortion
- Connect the object(s) motion on the video display with graph(s) by using synchronized scanning.
Key Features System Dynamics Modeling
- Create models of dynamically changing processes and systems
- Three modeling modes present: Graphical (stocks and flows symbols), Equation (using the language of mathematics) and text using the easy to learn Coach programming language
- Execute models and simulate the effect of different parameters
- Compare the model results with the experiment results
Key Features Data Analysis
- View collected or generated data in a table
- Visualize data in real-time in customizable graphs, meters and values
- Draw own graphs - make predictions
- Analyze the data with various analysis tools