WinRAR is a powerful archiver extractor tool, and can open all popular file formats.
RAR and WinRAR are Windows 10 (TM) compatible; available in over 50 languages and in both 32-bit and 64-bit; compatible with several operating systems (OS), and it is the only compression software that can work with Unicode.
WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
What's new in version 6.02
1. ZIP SFX module refuses to process SFX commands stored in archive comment if such comment is resided after beginning of Authenticode digital signature. It is done to prevent possible attacks with inclusion of ZIP archive into the signature body.
We already prohibited extracting contents of such malformed archives in WinRAR 6.01.
We are thankful to Jacob Thompson - Mandiant Advantage Labs for reporting this issue.
2. WinRAR uses https instead of http in the web notifier window, home page and themes links. It also implements additional checks within the web notifier. This is done to prevent a malicious web page from executing existing files on a user's computer. Such attack is only possible if the intruder has managed to spoof or otherwise control user's DNS records. Some other factors are also involved
in limiting the practical application of this attack.
We would like to express our gratitude to Igor Sak-Sakovskiy for bringing this issue to our attention.
3. Where appropriate, SFX archive displays the additional line with detailed error information provided by operating system.
For example, previously such archive would display "Cannot create file" message alone. Now this message is followed by a detailed reason like access denied or file being used by another process.
In the past this extended error information was available in WinRAR, but not in SFX archives.
4. Switch -idn hides archived names also in 'v' and 'l' commands. It can be useful if only the archive type or total information is needed.
5. If -ibck -ri switches are used together, WinRAR process sets the priority specified in -ri switch. Previous versions ignored -ri and set the priority to low in the presence of -ibck switch.
6. When using "File/Change drive" command, WinRAR saves the last folder of previous drive and restores it if that drive is selected again later.
7. Name of unpacking file is now included into WinRAR incorrect password warning for RAR5 archives. It can be helpful when unpacking a non-solid archive containing files encrypted with different passwords.
ReleaseNovember 25, 2021
Date AddedNovember 25, 2021
Operating SystemsWindows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows, Windows 7, Windows XP