Smart Voice Recorder can be a valuable tool for journalists, musicians, and anyone creative who wants to record ideas or voice memos. While it doesn't introduce any groundbreaking features, it does a good job at taking the essential recording features one needs and fitting them into a straightforward interface.
Versatile: Whether you want to record brief voice memos or hours worth of audio, Smart Voice Recorder can be turned on with a tap and pick up audio, producing a good-quality output file. Features like skip silence, the ability to choose the location of the saved files, or to hide your recordings from media players make it convenient for all uses: at home, at the office, and even outdoors.
Ability to change the sample rate: Through the app's settings you can choose any sample rate quality from 8 kHz (phone quality) to 44.1 kHz (CD quality), which makes it a multipurpose recorder that you can use effectively even if your device doesn't have much free space. With 1GB of free space and a sample rate of 8 kHz, you can record almost 20 hours of audio.
Easy to navigate: All your recordings can be played within the app. What's more, by long-tapping on any of them you can quickly rename, delete, share, or even set any one of them as a ringtone, notification, or alarm, encouraging you to be creative.
May drain your battery: During our recording sessions the app ate about 8 percent of our battery in less than half an hour. In other words, even if you have enough free space on your device, you may not be able to record for hours on end because your battery will dry out.
Useful and accessible, Smart Voice Recorder sets a good example that all the other free recording apps for Android should follow. While you may find alternatives that boast more features (equalizers, volume boosters, chapterizing, or converters), this one strikes a good balance between features and usability, coming in handy whether you're a student recording classes, a parent innocently spying on the new babysitter, or a musician who seeks inspiration in the sounds of nature.
It's a performance and stability update in anticipation of the next big release. Yes, we're working on it. Stay tuned.
For those who love details, here's what have been fixed:
- Skip silence should work on virtually any Android device;
- Notification will not be stuck in the status bar anymore;
- Performance optimizations: we use less memory, you've got more battery life;
- Updated fancy application icon;
- Other fixes to keep up with Android.
Voice recorder designed for high-quality long-time sound recording with a simple and nice user interface. With a skipping relative silence on-the-fly feature you can use it to record night sleep talks (or snoring, whatever comes first :)), a regular day of your babysitter, business meetings, how you sing or play the guitar and so on. It's fantastic, give it a try! :)
- this app is not a call recorder
- recordings in this format cannot be sent via text/sms/mms
- formerly Smart Voice Recorder.
- automatic and manual sensitivity control for Skip silence mode (Beta)
- live audio spectrum analyzer
- wave/pcm encoding with adjustable sample rate (8-44 kHz)
- recording in background (even when a display is off)
- microphone gain calibration tool
- save/pause/resume/cancel recording process control
- storage and directory change (default: sdcard/SmartVoiceRecorder)
- remaining recording time showed on home screen, limited only by available space on your storage (and tech. limit 2GB per file)
- easy to use recordings list
- send/share a recording via email, whatsapp, dropbox, etc.
- set a recording as a ringtone, alarm or notification in one click
Permissions needed for the app are:
- internet access (for displaying ads and some stats collection)
- write to external storage (to store recordings)
- record audio
- wake lock (for preventing device from sleeping)
- write settings (for ability to set default system ringtone/notification/alarm)
- billing (for an in-app option to turn off ads)
Shop your favorite products and we’ll find the best deal with a single click. Designed to make shopping easier.